Shortest ride of the year

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Good to have you along Lynn are you stopping at the Hotel Saturday / Sunday night ?.
Will be nice to talk about the rugby with you and how we became world champions. ;)
32-12
err... perhaps not then.......................maybe we can talk football

Last edited:

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
I have been persuaded that this excursion needs to be more Iron Butt like and specifically a full-blown coast-to-coast affair. This means moving the start to Ness Point (most easterly point of GB), 2.3 miles southeast of the hotel and the finish to Land's End (most westerly point of southern GB), 11.6 miles southwest of McDonalds. Those wishing to indulge in "touching the water" are on their own.

Curiously, Google offers a projection for NP-LE of only 431 miles instead of 432 for the original which you might expect to be 13.9 shorter but that's probably just as well as otherwise the additional 27.8 miles might prove too much for some entrants.

Last edited:

Ian M

it will be iron butt as Ardnamurchan is the most westerly point of GB - bloody hell.

still christmas to recover;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Coming out of E. anglia try A14, Cambridge A428 St Neots A1 south 2 miles A421 Bedford/Milton Keynes/Buckingham.
A4421 Bicester A34 Oxford, A420 Swindon, M4/M5.
Why go to the M25??

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Coming out of E. anglia try A14, Cambridge A428 St Neots A1 south 2 miles A421 Bedford/Milton Keynes/Buckingham.
A4421 Bicester A34 Oxford, A420 Swindon, M4/M5.
Why go to the M25??
Good to see alternatives...personally I'm not a fan of MK, those roundabouts make me feel like I'm in a Twighlight Zone Groundhog Day.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
I look on those roundabouts as an opportunity to practice your cornering skills
you should try them in a 44 tonne artic with a twelve speed gearbox that is hard work.