The "100k Club"

Kith

Premier Member
Andy Andresen is the latest member of the 100K club. He lives 5 miles from me but I didnt officially meet him until we crossed paths in Alaska! He told me to help out doing the mileage he did a 48Plus, 4 corners each time going to the center of the US in Kansas and back to the corner before going to the next and a whole host of other rides during the year. Also he had a transmission and engine failure along the way to add suspense to not falling behind on mileage. I asked him costs but he just said he didnt want to know :)

Anthony Osborne

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Andy Andresen is the latest member of the 100K club. He lives 5 miles from me but I didnt officially meet him until we crossed paths in Alaska! He told me to help out doing the mileage he did a 48Plus, 4 corners each time going to the center of the US in Kansas and back to the corner before going to the next and a whole host of other rides during the year. Also he had a transmission and engine failure along the way to add suspense to not falling behind on mileage. I asked him costs but he just said he didnt want to know :)
Good info! In the past 9 years, I have always avoided basic cert. rides and done specialty rides. I have done the better part of the list of rides for North America,
had a great time doing it too. Now however I find myself limited to weekend rides from January through June. So it has been BBGs and will continue to be BBGs until July. In July I want to attempt the longest month. I want to start out with a Deca attempt (10 BBGs back to back…) Then I will head south to Earth, Texas to attempt
an "Earth to Moon to Earth" … then I still have 2 weeks to plan out.
I do kind of worry about my FJR making it through (I started the year with 125k on the OD already) My '05 FJR made 262k before I parted it out.

Anthony Osborne

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
March Totals:
7 BBGs 10,751 Cert. Miles

YTD
18 BBGs 27,519 Cert. Miles

Pace: 25,200 Miles (+2,319 Miles)
March will most likely be my 3rd highest month this year.
April / May / June I am planning 5 BBGs each month, this would have me at about 50k after 6 months.

sector7g

Premier Member
Ya know Tony, 100,000 miles sounds like an achievable number until you see what it really takes. Keep it up, we’re all rooting for ya!