Touch Screen Gloves

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I have been looking at Klim Badlands Aero Gloves that supposedly will work my iPhone screen. Has anyone experience of this? I currently use a touch screen stylus which is a faff. On another forum Nanotouch was mentioned as a solution.

~Martin~

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
I have been looking at Klim Badlands Aero Gloves that supposedly will work my iPhone screen. Has anyone experience of this? I currently use a touch screen stylus which is a faff. On another forum Nanotouch was mentioned as a solution.
I have a bottle of nanotouch kicking around sonewhere if you want it?

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
You can try Farkle Fingers. Pack of 4 for about $20.

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I've got a pair of Weise Wave gloves which have phone friendly tips on both thumbs and index fingers. They're a short length glove so useful in the summer and have nicely padded palms. I must admit I don't wear them all the time though:
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/195761
They look good, how are they working a phone screen? I’ve ordered these in the meantime. https://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-touch-screen-elkskin-ropers.html

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
I've had a lot of success with these gloves. Inexpensive and won't get messed-up when wet (though they won't keep your hands dry either. Strictly a warm-weather glove. When it's slightly cooler, I use a pair of Nike running gloves.

I have both sets, naturally, in hi-viz. :)

Now when the weather is wet and/or cold, I have a pair of three-finger mittens I bought from a bicycle shop, which I use under a set of Wunderlich Bar Muffs (the hi-viz version, of course). I've ridden in low, single-temp wet conditions with the bar heat set to position 2 or 3 with no heated liners.

All three are fully touch-screen compatible 100% of the time, and fit great without any "finger slack" I get from pricier gloves. They each have a short gauntlet so they fit under my longish jacket sleeves perfectly.

Traxx

Premier Member
BTW.... This was not a joke. It actually works.
So, what? Heat the oil and gloves and dip the fingertips and let dry or bake in? How does the treatment go. I wonder how my Lovely Bride will take to me using up her coconut oil on my gloves. (Edited to keep it clean)

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
So, what? Heat the oil and gloves and dip the fingertips and let dry or bake in? How does the treatment go. I wonder how my Lovely Bride will take to me using up her coconut oil on my gloves. (Edited to keep it clean)
All I did rub a bit in to the areas that I am likely to use on the screen. Dipping would certainly work but that would use a lot more than is neccessary. Pretty sure having the leather moist is sufficient to create the capacitance necessary to active the screen touch sense. The coconut oil does this without the glove being wet and in a food-grade fashion. As for digging into the kitchen supplies, we buy our coconut oil in Costco size portions and the kitchen is my domain. :D

Traxx

Premier Member
It seems like most gloves treat the finger pad, I prefer the tip. I’ll give it a try when she is out of the house.