Waiting 9 Months Office Won't Reply to Email

MrPink

I was unable to find any relate threads to this post.

I am sure the main office is slammed and its all good. This organization is massive.

I've used the "Need Help Contact Page" and through email that was used for original correspondence.

I submitted a ride verification on 7/3/22 and heard back from the office one time congratulating me. The office reached out for more info. I submitted the info and its been dead silent.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Mr. Pink

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Just a simple question MrPink.
Did you pay for all your stuff when you made your first submission for certification?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@Ira or another staff member likely will PM you for details. What kind of ride did you submit? Do you already have an IBA number? (No need to post it here)

If you have an IBA number, have you logged into the IBA eStore and checked "my rides"?

MrPink

@Ira or another staff member likely will PM you for details. What kind of ride did you submit? Do you already have an IBA number? (No need to post it here)

If you have an IBA number, have you logged into the IBA eStore and checked "my rides"?
Thank you for reaching out.

With the holidays, I'm sure the office will be slow to respond. I followed up 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.
Just a simple question MrPink.
Did you pay for all your stuff when you made your first submission for certification?
Thank you for the follow up... I'm going to regret this response. I haven't paid because I haven't got the official "nod" that the route was verified. When I completed the 1000mile. I got an approval email saying it was successful then I sent a check and all was good.

I went for the mile eater and bun burner 1500

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I haven't paid because I haven't got the official "nod" that the route was verified. When I completed the 1000mile. I got an approval email saying it was successful then I sent a check and all was good.

I went for the mile eater and bun burner 1500
It's better to not pay ahead on the electronic submissions. Just in case it gets denied, they don't have to refund you. Preferred method.

In the old days with paper submissions, we'd send a check in and wait for it to clear.

I have a similar situation. I have emailed the IBA several times over the last several months about ordering replacement chrome license plate frames and I have received no reply. I suspected thay were busy since its a volunteer organization, so in early December I went ahead and mailed my check for two frames. I still have recieved no acknowledgement of the order and also my check remains uncashed. Any suggestions?

Mike

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@mikesimsr - Did you know you can just buy these in the eStore? Just sending a check is a pretty blind effort when most of the business is done electronically now. I wonder who picks up the PO box mail these days and how often?

IBA eStore Click on the "Plate Backs" category and scroll down.

@mikesimsr - Did you know you can just buy these in the eStore? Just sending a check is a pretty blind effort when most of the business is done electronically now. I wonder who picks up the PO box mail these days and how often?

IBA eStore Click on the "Plate Backs" category and scroll down.
Eric, thanks for the reply. I tried the e-store first but I didn't have my membership # from ~eight years ago and I misplaced my certificate during a move since my ride. I emailed them several times for help recovering my # but never got a reply. That's when I mailed in an order.

Mike

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
email has never been the best way to contact the IBA due to the sheer volume involved. PMs here get more timely responses. You can search "my rides" in the eStore and find your number. Or PM me with your full name and I'll try and look it up for you. To PM, hover your cursor over my user name or avatar to the left of this post and click on "start a conversation".

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I have a similar situation. I have emailed the IBA several times over the last several months about ordering replacement chrome license plate frames and I have received no reply. I suspected thay were busy since its a volunteer organization, so in early December I went ahead and mailed my check for two frames. I still have recieved no acknowledgement of the order and also my check remains uncashed. Any suggestions?

Mike
I've asked Mike Kneebone to look into it.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

mkneebone

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Mike, I sent you an email, we had been responding, we have several Michael Simmons and we need more information to reset your account. I replied asking about the address you mailed a check to, it sounds like it went to verification, the volunteer that got it will eventually send to the office but they have not seen it yet.

@Ira @mkneebone

I have a similar situation - I submitted a ride electronically at the beginning of September 2023, and aside from the automated response that my email was received, I have gotten no word. Submitted a contact request through the IBA Website and heard nothing.

What is the current lead time on Ride Certifications? Should I continue to be patient, or has something slipped through the cracks?

Owen Clark
IBA #20953
Email: [email protected]

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@outdoorsntn to the white courtesy phone please. He may know the lead times.

@IBAGadget - From past info, you're getting to the long side of normal, but Canadian certs oddly seem to take longer. I've never understood why that is.