2025 Plan

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Forums are are for discussion, ideas and views.
2025 will see another European Rally over 6 days at the beginning of August. Preparing for such a rally requires many things done, prepare a bike, prepare yourself, what to pack and take.
The only way to put your prep into practice is to do a rally or two. The problem is the UK's only 24hr+ rally could be after the Euro Rally.

What I feel,what would help UK entrants in the Euro Rally is to move the BBR back to May. This would allow us a practice Rally to learn if our prep is going in the right direction.

I'm expecting a lot of negativity and some aggressive comments, which is quite sad.

Let the discussion begin

owl*

Rally Bonus checker
IBA Member
I am well on the way to preparing the 2025 BBR, so bringing it forward by 4 months would not be a problem for me.

correct wully forums shouldd be a place of open and honest disccusion without fear of retribution or recrimination. the fact you feel there may be some aggresive comments doesn't bode well.

I for one would welcome the move to May any bank holiday is not good finding accomodation at the last minute has become cost preventive i just couldnt find a hotel at an affordable price last year nothing under £250 along my first route for a one night stay. a considerable increase from previous years. 3 routes later i gave up and planned the route around stopping at my own house not the best route but it was affordable.

in preperation i am looking for challanging routes of multiple nights. i've done enough rallies to know the route needs multiple stops on varried roads including goat tracks city centres and mountain passes. and enough interesting places to make memorable photos not just corner receipts.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
At the Jamboree we will fix next year's dates and publish them.
As it's an open discussion. Please put forward your point of view

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
May for me always made more sense.
Longer daylight hours (2hrs 30m .)
Doesn't seem as busy on the roads as the August Bank Holiday ?.
We may also get a few more entrants earlier in the year before riders use up all their Holiday entitlement.
What about a longer rally ? 48 hrs perhaps or two rallies ?
Just my two Bobs worth.

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Personally 2nd bank holiday in May is better, August bank holiday end of school holidays our younger members may have to shop for kids going back to school. Some will still be on holiday.
Those of us who are kids free, find it difficult to get the time off at work as people on holiday. This is why I missed last year's BBR and this year's.
Prior to last year I had only missed one BBR due to being in hospital. I'm not going to win, I do it because I enjoy even though I'm not that good also great to meet friends.

Robert Higgs

I would be quite happy for a BBR move to a May date (just have to be careful to keep it away from my wedding anniversary towards the end of the month.....); hopefully overnight accommodation would be easier/cheaper out of summer holiday/bank holiday time.