20th Anniversary 50 CC Ride Report - Derrick

Tele

Premier Member
I started this report read two days ago, and kept getting interrupted by life stuff. Over breakfast banana pancakes, and two black coffees, I finished this one finally today. Epic report with fabulous photos. Combining the "stress" of a 50CC, I found the pursuit of the murals seemed to take this effort to the next level. 10K for a wonderful week of riding. Exceptional work. Sincere congratulations on your involvement in the original effort and this epic anniversary event.

Fatman

And then on towards Tailem Bend. I struggle a bit sometimes with the transition from both night to day, and from cold to hot (well warm) weather. And so it was today as I pulled into a rest area right beside the highway to shed some layers and perhaps a quick nap.

No sooner than stripping down to my underpants (as I shed my thermals) I hear the unmistakebale sounds of a BMW motorcycle coming along. Lets just say that there was no hiding so I gave Lynne and Michael a good wave as they went past. Of all the people in all the gin joints it had to be the only female on the journey. :eek:
This was a very funny moment. As we rode towards our fuel stop at the The Bend service centre at Tailem Bend, we noticed a motorbike stopped on the rest area to our left. I thought it looked like an RT and by that stage LTP and were both looking to our left to see who it was.

Of coarse it was Derrick in full view in his finest black (maybe dark blue) underwear and nothing else, when he saw us he started dancing around on the spot like a lunatic with his arms in the air. I gave him a toot on the horn and a wave but we both had a huge laugh from that.

It reminds me of some of those BIG advertising roadside signs you come across, not sure if they are in SA or NSW, and they suggest "you can't unsee this"................. Thanks Derrick, "no we can't!." ;):cool: