3fer

Nested Ride Question. Thinking about a 3fer, if it fits guidelines. SS2K(48hr)
BunBurner 1500 Silver (30hrs) SS1K(24hr). Possible or does it disqualify because one can’t be done without the other rule?

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
I do not think it possible to do 2,000 in 48 without doing 1,000 in at least one of the two 24-hour periods. If you only did 999 miles in the first 24, you would necessarily do 1,001 in the second.

That said, an SS1k & BBS are separable as are a BBS & SS2k. You can do one without the other in each pair.

Doing a BBS without doing a SS1K is next to impossible, only leaving 6 hours to complete the additional 500 miles. That would require an average speed of 83.333/mph over all with no time for gas or bio breaks.

Nesting the BBS inside the SS2K is definitely doable.

Doing a BBS without doing a SS1K is next to impossible, only leaving 6 hours to complete the additional 500 miles. That would require an average speed of 83.333/mph over all with no time for gas or bio breaks.

Nesting the BBS inside the SS2K is definitely doable.
Now that I’ve seen your reply in writing it makes sense and I should have figured it out myself .Was thinking BBS this year and thought might as well go for SS2K
2 day window available to ride with a fellow IBA member.