8 hour rest period???

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Has Iron Butt 1500 ever required a 8 hour rest period to complete the 1500 bun burner ride
No. Normal certificate rides do not have required rest periods. You need to be careful to clarify exactly what certificate ride you are asking questions about. https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/index.html

Required rest periods are something that some RallyMasters do for their individual rallies. Typically you get points per minute during the rest period, if taken during the correct time frame. It's an incentive for riders to get some sleep.

Many a Bun Burner Gold attempt, (1500 miles in 24 hours), has become a short Bun Burner 1500 ride, (1500 miles in 36 hours) when the clock ran out before the 1500 miles were done. Perhaps why there is now a Bun Burner Silver ride, (1500 miles in 30 hours).

Than your Ericv
you answered my question
should have stated (1500 miles in 36 hours). I did that on my 61st BD. Had someone today say that ride required a 8 hour test? Never heard that / decided to ask here IF it was ever required
Thanks again

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Congrats on your ride, ya old fart. :) (I'm 60) I hope you enjoyed it and maybe do a few more IBA rides.

Old Fary to Old Fart
enjoyed it , age 73 now , before that 3 CA 2 DC with Vets, after my BB 4 more Criss country with the Vets, last week me was this past May
leaving the IB to the younger group.

Terrywerm

Congratulations on your ride from another senior citizen. I did my first SS1000 a couple years ago when I was 62. Might still fit a BB1500 in next month, but not sure. It may need to wait until next year. Doggone work schedule is just too busy this year.

EricV, Forgot to add, after my BB ride in July 2012, I broke my right Heel in Aug 2011. Really thought my riding days were over, 1st Doc said I would never walk right again second & Surgeon took good care of me, had Surgery on 8/23/2011. On the couch for 8 weeks recovering, during that time I planned & Mapped out a ‘National Parks Irin Butt’ i was also planning another Coast to coast with the Vets in May 2012 /// plan was to combine the 2 rides. Started PT in Oct 2011, did 8 weeks, worked hard, wife & I Started our ride ‘Quest’ on May 18 2012. Did very well. Made the coast to coast with the Vets AND completed the ‘National Parks’ in 26 days @ 8,000 & 88 Parks & Monuments

Attachments

Russ Black

Premier Member
Like you, I thought and did the National Park Master Travelers as a single ride. 26K miles over 4 months and all 48 of the continental states. Since you have a year to complete, it is intended to take multiple rides to complete. I saw more than just the parks. I stayed 99% of the time in dispersed campsites to save $$$ and the locals directed me to some interesting roads and places I'd never have known of otherwise. The best ride of all my IBA rides earned.