A-N-Z-A-C

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I was able to get a ride in yesterday/ today. Still not complete, ran into some bad weather and got slowed down. Not able to get to the finish by closing time but will be there first thing in the morning to sign off of this ride.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Im guessing Zadows Landing for the Z

I have Zara. But it has not village sign or a shop.
Good trip you twoHillians. Enjoyed the watch

kwaka

Premier Member
Just surfaced, boy I really needed that extra long kip!

Spot on Gatey. Zadows Landing has a post code: http://auspost.com.au/postcode/suburb-index/z and a terrific little place although, no amenities of any kind for that all important receipt. Dig down in our SPOT link and it clearly marks Zadows Landing. Yep, took plenty of pics as prood we were there.

To the ride, this ended up being one tough ride, last 300 odd km ridden in the most appalling conditions but completed with less than hour to spare. More to come...

Skidoo

Premier Member
I was able to get a ride in yesterday/ today. Still not complete, ran into some bad weather and got slowed down. Not able to get to the finish by closing time but will be there first thing in the morning to sign off of this ride.
That's bad luck but at least you got to go for a ride :)

Just surfaced, boy I really needed that extra long kip! . . .

To the ride, this ended up being one tough ride, last 300 odd km ridden in the most appalling conditions but completed with less than hour to spare. More to come...
Congratulations on a great ride, don't know what you guys mean about bad weather, haven't had a chance to get outside, the work air conditioner says 23 degrees :D

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher

That's bad luck but at least you got to go for a ride :)
I actually completed the ride by finishing it early the next day. After the dawn service it was Aldgate, Nhill, Zeerust, Avoca and then Crafers early the next morning. I had the last 520 km with nothing but a wall of water and a gale to contend with. Completed the ride with about 30 minutes to spare.
https://spotwalla.com/embed.php?id=13e9f58f4438844cfd&scale=on&zoom=default&refresh=no

Have been trying to work out how to do this ride here in WA. Any ideas for a town starting with Z? Only place is Zanthus on the Trans Australia line. Bit hard on a cruiser!
Forward planning for next year :)

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Im of the opinion that this ride probably supposed to be just a bit harder and the Z question has been the key.
Some of the Z's have an actual place with a town name each entrance and even if the post office is defunct it might have a shop.
But lots of the Z's dont have much regardless of state. Some have lots of houses but no shop or ATM. others have nothing much and a couple have all.

Im happy with the SPOT and photo and text thing as its worked on some other of the very big rides done by the big dogs.

Sooo can I suggest that some thinking caps go on a few heads to sort the W.A. specific issue out as other states have plenty Z's to choose from even if the Z is over a border next door.

My thingking is. Does a place,unit name, naval base, air base memorial or place of special and relevent significance exist in Western Australia that could be an option to the non dirt riders so they can also partisipate.
Come on WAIBA's lets all do some homework on this.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Z Force was the first place that came to mind as I typed that post above. Every and all defence site is now much harder to enter and even taking a photo of the front gate will get you some angst.
But Im know that a direct letter to the senior most officer via your own local RSL will open a door or two.

Frog

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ok, so since It was not possible for me to attend the ANZAC service and meet the rules of the ride, I will give you my Z as I don't need it any more.

Zuytdorp 6536

http://auspost.com.au/postcode/zuytdorp

It has a post code thus it exists... Go to Kalbarri, get a docket and a pic at the Zuytdrop memorial lookout

The pleasure is all mine;) . Actually my preference is Zuccoli 0832 NT, April would be a beaut time of the year for north ride.

Skidoo

Premier Member
'Z' is a little challenging. As for as I'm aware only one state is a bit challenged by this letter. As experienced riders are aware, 'research' is the key. I'm aware of 11 locations that fit the criteria when the ride was originally conceived some years ago.