"ACT Insanity" Ride Planned (June)

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yes, this is the one. It is confusing because of two things - the TO to the National Zoo comes up first and b) the actual turnoff is concealed behind the sign to West Belconnen, particularly challenging at night if you dont know it.
OK to really confuse you. IF you miss the left and ride straight ahead, there are TWO options - a) ride north to Gungahlin (not recommended) or take the left sweeper to the City. Along this road you get two options to U-Turn, one under the Parkway at Limestone Ave and the other over the over-head bridge at the ANU. Then just keep heading west straight through the Glenloch Interchange.

Olaf Moon

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
1. The support crew can get their own hot choccy- there's a shop right there and they will have nothing to do between each lap.
2. I won't have any spare clothing, I'll be wearing all I own myself.
3. If the pothole is that big then everyone ought to be able to see it and besides the first couple of fluoro wearers that ride into it will get stuck and the tops of their heads will mark it nicely for everyone else.
#3 is right. The hole is almost that deep. Riders can check it out before they start!

Olaf Moon

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
STAGGERED START: You are all Captains of your own Vehicle at all times. Therefore no-one has to ride behind me for the first lap. That is just an offer. I will give 10 minute, 5 minute and 1 minute warnings to gear-up.
Please feel free to start any time after you have your witness signatures, and receipt, and preferably after 3am please.

HACKLE

All the very best of luck to all participants in this "insanity" ride. I see the temperatures are to be a bit "mild" on Saturday. -1 to 14 degrees. Skidoo won't need all the warming clothing he anticipated wearing.

Rusjel

Premier Member
I reckon a start together is a good idea Olaf. A good way to recognise the work you've put into the ride, there are only 14 bikes after all?

Also natural gaps will quickly form anyway. I'll be doing well to get three laps out of the Hog, others will go 5-6 between stops.

Olaf Moon

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I reckon a start together is a good idea Olaf. A good way to recognise the work you've put into the ride, there are only 14 bikes after all?

Also natural gaps will quickly form anyway. I'll be doing well to get three laps out of the Hog, others will go 5-6 between stops.
LOL. Correct. I can make 7 laps easily on one tank of gas, and probably 8 with a snifter of gas left - depends on the overall fuel economy which should be good at the slower speeds.

Olaf Moon

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Attrition has commenced. Karl has come off his bike at the Booroowa N intersection and is in the Canberra Hospital, in pretty good shape and giving me heaps about finding him another bike for the ride! (He is not riding) - we dont know much about how and why. A couple of others are not well, so we are down to 11 at the moment.

HACKLE

Keep us informed Olaf. Where all interested in how the "survivors" are coping with the increasing temperature now the "heat machine" has surfaced. Karl was obviously in need of some tender loving care, and a warm bed. Take care survivors.

Ed.

Premier Member
Olaf is a little busy right now.
They should be on their 6th or 7th lap now and dealing with more traffic on the road.
Everyone was looking good when i last saw them about three hours ago.
Bill was going to try and see Karl when he got off witness duty.