ATTN RMs: Potential Bonus Location

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Conceptually, you'd need to create a closest alternative location that was accessible to the public. I'm sure many have no marker. The MS location is about .3 mile up a dirt road, but would be street bike accessible, weather permitting. There are many challenges to creating a new ride. :cool:
As part of my ride to Gerlach in 2015 I took the long way there and back. Using Centers as a guide, I got as close as I could to North America, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, Oregon, Idaho, & Montana.

https://new.spotwalla.com/trip/a372-7fc6a-8415/view

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
If I'm not mistaken this is one of many 'centers' of the United States. Would be interesting to know how many there are and how they are defined. Might make a fun combo bonus. Even though they are generally in the center of the country (duh), many are likely in remote locations.
In 2020 I did a ride for charity that I called the "Three Centers Tour". Without igniting debate, I rode up to the Canadian border in North Dakota, then went to the Center of North America in Rugby, ND, then the center of the entire United States in Belle Fourche, SD (the marker in the middle of nowhere, not the one in town), and then the Center of the Contiguous United States in Lebanon, KS. Then I rode down to the Mexican border at the Judge Roy Bean Museum in Langtry, TX to cap it off. It was a nice ride.

Here's the Spotwalla track.

Last edited: