Aux LED. Is this legal?

pdbuzz

Premier Member
In Utah, you can't have ANY blue flashing lights on your rig, anywhere, unless you're law enforcement. For emergency lights, you can't have a red light that's visible from the front at a distance of 75 feet. I've thought of the same style of LED's for emergency flashers, but not for constant illumination.

My understanding is that 'non-emergency' vehicles aren't allowed to have any 'flashing' lights (except for emergency flashers, which aren't on all the time) while the vehicle is in regular motion. That's why you can get away with a 'modulating' headlight over a 'flashing' one. I'm not a LEO or lawyer though, so you should read up on your states laws for lights on your vehicle.

Rony6ble

Premier Member
In Utah, you can't have ANY blue flashing lights on your rig, anywhere, unless you're law enforcement. For emergency lights, you can't have a red light that's visible from the front at a distance of 75 feet. I've thought of the same style of LED's for emergency flashers, but not for constant illumination.

My understanding is that 'non-emergency' vehicles aren't allowed to have any 'flashing' lights (except for emergency flashers, which aren't on all the time) while the vehicle is in regular motion. That's why you can get away with a 'modulating' headlight over a 'flashing' one. I'm not a LEO or lawyer though, so you should read up on your states laws for lights on your vehicle.
I thought the video showed white lights but looking closer they do look blu-ish, front and rear.

pdbuzz

Premier Member
It's those lights in the back, reflecting off of the wall, that looked blue. But those in the front are certainly on the bluish side of white.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Light color with video is kinda sketchy, but I'd definitely have a few people independently corroborate the color you think you have.

Now, personally, I don't need yet another invitation to have a discussion with LEO on the side of his highway, so I wouldn't install this.