BBR2017 - Not long now :-)

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
So we're now just under 4 weeks from the rally :D

My GSA is just about good to go. Just got to get a new front tyre and fit a new TPMS sensor as the original one gave up several months ago (was cheaper to get one posted from the States than pay rip off UK prices).

As I'm sad I've been timing myself re-coding last year's locations how I want them to look on Basecamp then having a re-plan of rally routes to see if there's something I could do better. Best to get the old grey matter into rally planning mode once again, regardless what delights Steve the new Rallymaster may have in store for us :eek:

Another sad activity has been researching any big events on that weekend such as the FA cup final which is on at Wembley, just in case there's anywhere best to avoid :rolleyes:

I'd like wish all riders (both old and new) the best of luck and may all roads be empty and dry (yeh right). Warm overnight temperatures would also be nice for all of us hardened Iron Butt Motel guests especially as many hotels will likely be full up due to being the bank holiday weekend :(

See you nutters in Leicester :cool:

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Here's an updated photo of what I'll be carting around in the lift out tray that sits inside my top case :rolleyes:

That pouch in the middle has all my hotel bits & bobs, plus some items I might need to hand, out on the road :D

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Email updates received, Odo route same as last year :) Looks like I might have a slightly better than 1 in 40 chance of winning this year ;) :p

My 'things to do before BBR 2017' is now complete. Kit all present and correct. New jacket just about broken in so just got to give the bike a wash next week, put everything on then mosey on over to Leicester.

Looking forward to seeing everybody and hoping that the weather and traffic are kind to us. :D

Last edited: