Brit Butt Light Rally 2021

Quill4

Brit Butt Rallymaster
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Kudos Lee, that rally book is a work of art, and it would empty all five cartridges on my printer if I tried to print it.

BRIT BUTT LIGHT RALLY UPDATE

All entrants should have received an email today with Rally details and the Rally Book through the post (hopefully today, but that’s down to Royal Mail)

If anyone who has entered hasn’t received these then please let me know

The rally book is superb... Never seen anything like it. It is the same quality I use for my business brochures - and they cost me a couple of arms, half a leg and some teeth... Excellent.

There is always one with questions... and its me :eek:

Q1.
Are we to follow the schematic map of the stations? To collect the extra bonuses, do we have to follow them in order and join other lines where it shows a junction? For instance on the BSA line there is a junction marked at Telford that allows you to join the Ariel line, where you could then pick up the Norton line etc.

Q2.
Must we follow the line in the order of the stations, for instance on the Triumph Central Line it travels from Ffestiniog to Llangollen. Can we then go to the Tal y llyn to Welshpool arm of that line as being stations along that line, or would we have to visit Nene Valley then to Severn Valley round to North Norfolk to get back on the Triumph line to get back to the Tal y llyn arm of it?

Apologies if it sounds complicated, but it is :confused:

Steve

You're not alone Steve, there have been a few with questions, and the only daft question is one that doesn't get asked ;)

There's kinda 1 answer for both questions - the map is simply an illustration of how the stations join together to make the lines for the Accumulator. There is absolutely no need to visit anything in a particular order. Any of the Stations on a line qualify for the Accumulator no matter where on the line they are.

You don't even need to visit both Stations for the Railways that have 2 - for example, the Tallyn Railway you mention, you could go to Tywyn and not Abergynolwyn if it didn't suit your plan. I did originally want to have an extra bonus for getting a pair but it was a layer of complication that was a bit too much :p

Hope that helps?

Please can you adjudicate an argument between myself and the 'pillion'...

The start email... in the rally book it states the format should be RiderNo/Start/Odo/Time

Should the start be replaced with the rider (with or without pillion) Start Code or should it just simply say 'START' (the same is applicable to the end point)?

Should there then be a second email with the location in the subject line?

Please can you adjudicate an argument between myself and the 'pillion'...

The start email... in the rally book it states the format should be RiderNo/Start/Odo/Time

Should the start be replaced with the rider (with or without pillion) Start Code or should it just simply say 'START' (the same is applicable to the end point)?

Should there then be a second email with the location in the subject line?
Just START, the code is for writing on the card, unless the code is START (which it won’t be :D)