Brit Butt Rally 26/27 August 2023

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
As a newbie, do I have to book the hotel for three nights? And do I have to register before I find out the location of the hotel.
Thankyou
Hi Lloydy, sorry for my reply time. But ideally it's cheaper to just book just for the Friday and Sunday nights.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
is there a minimum tread depth for tyres this year cant see it in rally rules?
The legal limit of tyre tread depth in the UK for motorcycles over 50cc is 1mm across ¾ of the width of the tread pattern and with visible tread on the remaining ¼.

This is enforced by the rally rule A3 "The motorcycle must comply with all applicable UK standards for road use."

strangely i know the legal limit. but historically it used to be a requirement to have more than that at the start of the rally. i could not see ant reference in the rules other than "must meet uk standards for use" is there no technical inspection now ? and the responsibility lies with the rider
i'm happy that ill meet those requirements for the duration of the rally

thanks but i'm using a 396 and i dont think the cradle is the same. bought a second hand 396 because it saved having to change my existing set up. Now i'm thinking how to future waterproof it cause thats what killed the last one

Robert Higgs

I'm not sure whether or not I've missed an e-mail somewhere down the line but have the final instructions/ODO check been sent out for the weekend's rally yet? If so I have not yet received them, would you please re-send. Thank you :)

Robert Higgs

If I remember correctly from last year we received the GPX file for the odo check and a programme for Friday in advance (Newsletter 3). Just wondering if these have been sent out yet? Thanks.

DangerDarren

Thanks to the Rally Team for a solid weekend yet again. Could not see how you could have done more. Had a great time and ready to sign up for next year! Just get me the dates early :>
Cheers.
Darren.

bmbob

IBA Member
Well what great weekend !! Many thanks to Phil and ALL the Rally team for their sterling service. As Darren said could not see any way of improving things. Also thanks to all the competitors for being so friendly. The saying 'we ride alone to be together' is very apt.
Ride safe
Regards Bob