Bubbler GPS issues.

Hello, New to the group and plan on doing my first big ride "Ride around Virginia SS1000". The ride requires you to use Spotwalla. Seems easy enough but when I download Bubbler GPS on my android phone I keep getting error messages and the app will not work. Error: this application will not function without the required permissions. I see comments in the play store that I'm not the only one with issues.

Is there another android app that works with Spotwalla that will also be accepted by IBA?

Thank you,

Ian

Double check required version of Android OS. Sometimes older phones cause issues.

-Mark
My Samsung S22+ is only a year old with OS 13. It meets the requirements of the app. I emailed Bubbler GPS with no response. Emailed Spotwalla to see if they have another approved app I can use to document my ride. They answered my email and gave me Bubbler support email.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Basic question - Have you double checked that you enabled the required permissions and don't have them blanket denied on your settings?

Basic question - Have you double checked that you enabled the required permissions and don't have them blanket denied on your settings?
I thought about that also when I installed and ran into this issue. Image below has all accepted and still doesnt work. But you might have helped me. I changed the exceptions to be "on all the time" not just "when app is running" and it seems to be working! Thank you. Now to get on with this SS1000 VA trip!

Attachments

MarkG

Premier Member
Make sure it is Bubbler GPS New. Under Settings / Apps Bubbler GPS New. Scroll down to battery and make sure it is unrestricted.

new.spotwalla.com has very extensive help files on getting Bubbler to work with Spotwalla. Usually something simple is overlooked when getting it to work.

rneal55555

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I just tried it ad my S22 to Spotwalla, had the same issue with Bubbler, I uninstalled it then reinstalled and opened it selecting all the default permissions and it worked fine.

Im up and running now too. I had to select Permissions "all the time". The first time I was selecting "only while using app". Did a test run yesterday and all is good. Thank you for the help and suggestions.

igneouss

Premier Member
Future Ref: Bubbler has a Facebook page. Post a question and get quick answers from the source. Helped me back when...