Certification awaited for past 1 year

Hi
I completed my SS1600 in India in November 2021, over an year back, and provided all documentation in the same week that I completed.
However, I have not received any confirmation or certification of the same.
Request to kindly help me on the same.
Warm Regards
Mayank Kumar
+91 97 177 66 166

NavyVet1959

Assuming the PayPal invoice email did not get lost in your spam filter, you might want to try contacting them about that via email. I just received my invoice last night for my first "official" ride that was completed on 10/20/2022 (documentation submitted on 10/22), so it took them 6 weeks exactly... I don't know if this was a "normal" amount of time or if the documentation that I submitted as a web page of the trip helped or hindered the verification...

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@NavyVet1959 - Note that mayankk is located in India. International cert rides are notorious for taking forever. Language barriers to verify DBRs are part of the problem. I don't have info on other issues or why they do take so long to verify.

Hi, I submitted all the ride documentation and details three days post completing the ride. This was on 19th November 2021.

All the documents were also checked and verified by an existing certified IBR Finisher. There is no language barrier as such because "English" is also the official language of communication in India.

I have checked the PayPal invoice in my SPAM filter and written emails to them but have not received a standard one-line reply from Ira as follows:

"I'm afraid we can't provide status. Non-US rides can take a considerable time for us to verify."

I am happy to attach all the files and documentation here as well if it helps me get the certification.

Best,
Mayank

I completed 1019.67 miles. Provided the Google Map Links below:

https://goo.gl/maps/MP5X5bfewxh4JvS68
https://goo.gl/maps/HrHLnXFAjy4cSi7Y8
https://goo.gl/maps/1VF1Gufoxx1SfrrR7

All refueling slips and credit card slips were scanned and sent along with the pics of the odometer reading. Starting and Ending point witness signatures and pictures with them were attached. Alongside, my own selfies with the motorcycle at the fuel stations were also sent.

Why would it still take a year to verify this?

I'm also an active member of HoG (Harley Owners Group) and have the entire community to vouch for this ride that I had completed, especially because many of the other members were in the WhatsApp group where I had been continuously sharing my live location

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The IBA forum is not a venue for getting rides certified. Posting your documents here won't help. I'm sorry you are waiting, but I have no knowledge of why the delays occur.

NavyVet1959

There is no language barrier as such because "English" is also the official language of communication in India.
I'm a retired engineer and that reminds me of some of the engineers that I worked with who were from India... Often their accent was impossible to understand, but their written communication was quite acceptable... There was one Indian engineer in my group who had a perfectly understandable accent and he admitted that even *he* had trouble understanding the accent of one particular Indian engineer... Having spent some time in the UK, I can say that I was surprised how many noticeably different accents could be encountered in such a short distance from each other... You could literally encounter 3 or 4 noticeably different accents in a distance of what we here in Texas would consider just "driving across town"... :)