EggSanity how long route approval - receipt of flag

Hi, longtime iba rider but never had to have a route pre-approved. Site says at least 2 weeks prior, last saturday submitted a route via google link also pic with shops and distances between for total of 1046 miles, wanted to do it next Saturday but haven't got a response yet on the route. So route needs to be approved, money sent, flag sent back. Having doubts all that can happen before next Saturday. Anyone know how long this typically takes? Also sent a separate message asking if 1000 miles less than 24 hours is needed because that would be my assumption but the site doesn't mention time or distance. Don't know of any other way to address this other than this forum.

https://www.ironbutt.com/eggsanity/

https://goo.gl/maps/sJWcM1koEGapHFVj6

eggsanity 1000 route.jpg

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The Eggsanity 1000 is a variation of the SS1000 series of rides, so your assumption of it being a requirement to do 1000+ miles in 24 hours or less is correct. That's the minimum standard for the IBA.

Did you send your Eggsanity route to [email protected] ? With the subject line Eggsanity Route Request or similar?
Did you remember to include the following info:

Mailing address for your ride flag

The motorcycle you are riding

The start date of your ride

He gets a lot of email and things get lost in the shuffle sometimes. @Ira might be able to help find it, if it was not noticed before.

Good luck on getting your Eggsanity Flag in time, it does seem to be cutting it close at this point. Your route seems reasonable and appears to meet all the criteria for the ride.

Thanks for the reply, yes to all of the above, 2 emails sent. Annotated copy of email below from sent folder. Includes, date, bike, mailing address, route in google link form, annotated picture, and text description.

egg sanity email.jpg

Well something like 11 days still not even a courtesy response from anyone about anything, obviously my plans have been cancelled. This from a group that prides itself on meeting deadlines!!! When I think of the 100's of dollars sent in on certifications.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
So make up a flag yourself with a dollar store dish towel or something. Put your number of choice on it, "EggSanity 1000" across the top and have fun with some art if you want to. This gives you a distinctly unique flag for your ride, which is likely part of the reason for the Eggsanity flag to begin with.

Do the ride, take the pictures showing your flag, food, etc and submit it with the simple explanation that while you submitted your route request early, as required in the IBA website description, you did not receive contact back in time for your planned ride.

You have nothing to lose. The route appears to me to meet the requirements. Go ride it! You'll have fun, and the worse thing that can happen, relative to the IBA, is that you only get a SS1K cert. Maybe with some interesting wording on it.

Don't forget to document your gas stops every 350 miles or less as well, just like a normal cert ride.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
There's certainly a reason that this is one of only a few rides that have the specific criteria it does, with pre-approved ride stops, ride route, and the fancy flag that's specific to this ride.

Agree with @EricV and the post immediately above this one. Do the ride, meet the criteria as best you can. Ask for forgiveness this time.

Luck to ya!

The on going issue here is riders thinking 11 days is longer than "at least two weeks prior (14 days)".
Apparently you don't understand the process. The process begins with submittal of a route for approval. For me that began on Aug 7. So Aug 7+14 days = Aug 21. Right?

Steps:
1. Rider submits route for aprroval including name, bike, start date, address for recept of flag. (COMPLETED)
2. IBA approves route
3. IBA sends invoice
4. Rider sends $60, digitally? I assume, if not digitally then a couple days is needed for receipt of funds
5. IBA sends flag, couple days required
6. Rider receives flag
7. Rider begins ride

I didn't make the rules, I followed them!

So now it is Thurs Aug 19, at 13 days, Step 1 is completed, In your mind do you think it is reasonable that steps 2 thru 6 will or could be completed by tomorrow?

gus

Oh I understand the process.
step 1 you submit your ride plan which you completed: Tick
step 2 you wait a minimum of 14 days till the IBA approves your route: not yet ticked
step 3 you wait for step 2 .
correct?

Oh I understand the process.
step 1 you submit your ride plan which you completed: Tick
step 2 you wait a minimum of 14 days till the IBA approves your route: not yet ticked
step 3 you wait for step 2 .
correct?
Well then obviously you don't understand the process! Direct quote from eggsanity site below defining the registration process, route approval is just "one" of the parts in the registration process. Takes a special kind of person to interpret the 14 days to only apply to the route approval portion when it states in the opening statement it is because you need a flag, that is stated clearly. The ONLY timeframe mentioned is 14 days, period. One would think that if the registration is really just route approval then they would also suggest a separate time period for invoice, receipt of funds, receipt of flag, you know, the things that take a LOT longer than looking at a map in a link. But no, ALL are mentioned in the registration process without distinction between them and it states 14 days for registration. So how long would YOU think should be added to the process if 14 days only applies to approval? 21 days? 30 days? I'm not sure because the only thing I see mentioned is 14 days. If 14 days is required for approval then how far out does one set the ride because you need to set the ride date for route approval, again is 21 days enough, 30 days enough, 90? I don't know, the only timeframe I see is 14 days.

Registration defined below is route, invoice, and flag, in that order, 14 days. I didn't write it, not my interpretation, that is what it says. The registration process is at least 14 days, includes everything needed up to the ride, the ride date is set in the route approval so you NEED a date up front, 14 days is the only specified lead time.

"REGISTRATION
Since you must use a ride flag supplied by the IBA to document your ride, advance registration is required (at least 14 days). Finishers of the EggSanity 1000 will receive a distinctive EggSanity 1000 certification and EggSanity 1000 ride stickers. The fee is $60.15 and includes the price of the required EggSanity 1000 ride flag.
To register for the EggSanity 1000, send an email to [email protected] with the following information
Mailing address for your ride flag
The motorcycle you are riding
The start date of your ride
Your route (we prefer you use google maps or other on-line system) that shows your stops.
We will send you an on-line invoice for payment once the route it set and mail the flag shortly after that."

gus

To use your quote,
advance registration is required (at least 14 days). Failed
We will send you an on-line invoice for payment once the route it set and mail the flag shortly after that."
Did you do that ?
Did you get an invoice?
Do you think you are at the head of the queue for ride approvals ? or are you Special as well?

rneal55555

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Except it says "at least" implying it's going to take at least that long to get it done. It's not a promise that it will be done.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
At least implies to me that you need two weeks minimum, but more is a good idea. Regardless of our interpretations, clearly it would be nice to get a timely response and fee schedule so you can get the flag and do the ride.

Let the hair splitting go already guys.

Hopefully enduro just did the ride and can submit it sans official flag. (And get his cert). At the end of the day, none of this is earth shattering. It's a ride, hopefully a fun and memorable one that represents a personal challenge met and met with success.