Fools Gold 2020

Ian M

i'm planning on doing this - I trust its still happening?

As the RBLR 1500 route passes close to my house i plan to follow that and start at a town close to the M6 and then follow the route probably south west then east then north to perth and back to Cheshire though; i might add a bit on one or two sections to avoid large parts of M25 such as; further past Bodmin to Hayle and up the A1 to Berwick and Edinburgh, rather than across the A66, calling at known RBLR receipt stops.

GSears

Premier Member
Happens every year on 1st April. Since 2018 you can choose your own route. The bottom of the dual section of the A30 can be a good place to turn round. There's a Shell station at Carwin Rise (last mile or 2 is single carriageway). Not usually too busy in April.

This was a route avoiding the M20 last year. However the M4 is likely to be a sticking point this year.

http://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/fools-gold-2019.2823/

Last edited:

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yes. I'll be pottering around again.
Still plenty of Fools Hold patches to be had.
:):):)

Ian M

well as i cannot do this i might do it anyway on VE day - 8 May 2020
with a fair wind, a bit of luck and some sensible guidance it might just be possible

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Until the restrictions are lifted we will not be verifying any rides
#StayAtHome #SaveLives

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I donated my fuel cost to Children's Hospice South West who provide end of life care for children whilst supporting their families.

If you are able why not donate a days fuel to your favourite charity whilst you cannot ride.