Four corners

Hi been some time since I posted on here but here goes, I rode the 1000 miles in 24 hours to commemorate the end of the first world War in 2018 , I have been thinking of the four corners and I have a good reason for this ,as I live in Cornwall and have had first hand experience of the Cornwall Air ambulance service I would like to ride for this charity but need some advice from yourselves as to whether I can do this through your association. As I have stated I have had first hand experience of the Air ambulance in Cornwall ,on a ride with a good friend in Dartmore we we on a slow left hand bend when a rider came towards us and did not get round said bend ,instead hit the grass and went head over heels and collided with the tarmac,on stopping the trafic and informing the police the ambulance service attended but it became apparent that the rider could not be moved by road ,the air ambulance was called and within 15 minutes at the site and the guy was on this way to Plymouth hospital with a broken collar bone .I hope that you can help me to sort out a time this next year to accomplish this .Kind regards Phil Barber.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Yes, it appears the poster is referring to the UK ride. That said, I'm not sure in what way we can help "sort out a time next year" - IBA certificate rides can be scheduled at the rider's convenience.

Hi thanks for your response regarding this matter, I was enquiring as to whether I could use this ride whilst collect for a local charity was not sure if this would be possible ,have already been in touch with the local charity and would be looking to attempt this ride next year in April ,again many thanks for your help.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Hi thanks for your response regarding this matter, I was enquiring as to whether I could use this ride whilst collect for a local charity was not sure if this would be possible ,have already been in touch with the local charity and would be looking to attempt this ride next year in April ,again many thanks for your help.
It is not uncommon for folks to use IBA certifcate rides to raise money for charities.