Four seasons/ piston diversity question.

tcapling

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Can a ride used for four seasons, also be used for a piston diversity?

Specifically I have run a fall equinox on a twin, and it is also the twin ride for my piston diversity.

I know from the four seasons cert details that if I had used a ride for a previous four seasons it couldn't be used again.

I'm not sure of that also applies to using it for piston diversity.

Thanks

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@tcapling - Yes, My read on the Piston Diversity ride is that you can use any rides you did in the same 12 month period, even if they were part of other cert ride accomplishments. The one requirement I notice for the Piston Diversity ride that you may not have unless you planned for it, is:

"You must take a picture of each motorcycle with you in the picture at an identifiable site along your trips." From HERE

The rules for the Four Seasons cert is simply to ensure riders that want to claim multiple Four seasons certs don't overlap them and that they do four new, individual rides to claim each Four Seasons certificate.

tcapling

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Crap. I completely missed the picture portion.
I have pictures of all the bikes on each ride. But not with me in them. (And technically the 6cyl ride is not super recognizable as it's just a gas station. - only non dbr pic I took...)
4cyl ride is all I havent completed - which is sat, and only a week before my 2cyl is aged out)

I guess I'll have to toss the dice and see what happens.

Thanks

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If all the other rides are certified already, just submit it with an explanation about the pics, and do submit pics of the each of the bikes. You did the rides. I think the pics are just to make it more publication worthy.

tcapling

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
That's what I'll do.
all the rides are cert already except the upcoming 4cyl ride. Most have at least one interesting picture of the bike.

Thanks again.