Getting in touch with IBA

I need information on how to get in touch with IBA South Africa. They unreachable through the official website and email. Several of my emails went unanswered. The same for IBA assosiation. So obviously I am doing something wrong.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I may be mistaken, but to my knowledge there is no Iron Butt Association South Africa. There is an old IBA South Africa website, but it's for International Business Association, not the long distance riding group this forum is connected to.

It would be helpful if you posted a link to the website you believe to be IBA South Africa. What are your questions or concerns?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
You would submit it electronically to the IBA. Info on how to do that HERE Same link - https://www.ironbutt.com/rideapp/

Please keep in mind, I am just another member, not admin or the be all, end all of knowledge. Since you did not supply a website link, I did some more searching and found this site: http://ironbutt.co.za/ which does appear legitimate, but out of date. To my understanding, that isn't a functional group any longer, nor has it been for some time. The President dropped off the face of the earth, so to speak, some years ago. I actually house guested him in the US years ago, but have no current contact for him.

@Ira - Did anyone pick up the mantle of IBA SA after Hendrik Bosman?

I'm not aware of anyone, but I'll check with MIke.
Thank you so much for all the trouble. I also tried contacting Mr Bosman but I am fairly sure that the site is not active anymore. Further to this, I have researched You tube and the Web and couldn't find any documentation of any South African who did this. Seems to me I am the only one.
I will then use the Link you sent and take it from there.
Once again thank you very much.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Please do feel free to continue to ask questions if you have any concerning your ride, the submission process or Long Distance riding questions of any kind. There is a solid group of knowledgeable and experienced riders on this forum.

Please do feel free to continue to ask questions if you have any concerning your ride, the submission process or Long Distance riding questions of any kind. There is a solid group of knowledgeable and experienced riders on this forum.
Thank you I will definitely do that. I am still in the early stages planning this. When it comes to submitting the ride and fill in forms I will surely ask again.
L.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Further to this, I have researched You tube and the Web and couldn't find any documentation of any South African who did this. Seems to me I am the only one.
I'm not sure what you mean by "did this." If you're referring to not finding any South Africans who have completed an IBA certificate ride, I assure you there are quite a number. The IBA finishers list is at

https://www.ironbutt.org/certified.htm

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I checked with Mike, who tells me that we're in the process of restarting IBA South Africa. But we're not ready to bring it online. So your best bet at the moment is to submit the ride via email as has been previously mentioned.