getting started

Hi I have just found you guys and very interested in joining some trips. However I see I need to have done certain rides prior to joining some I would be interested in. I have ridden distance such as Uttoxeter to the Millau bridge and back over an easter weekend (as I wanted to see the bridge). as well as other runs more local such as Uttoxeter to Hard Knock Pass with a visit to the Tan Hill inn as I wanted to challenge myself. I would now wish to join in with so

Chris Wiltshire

Staff Helper
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Hi Andy, where are you based? (Which country?) Perhaps there are some local people who might be able to provide you with some guidance. :)

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@Andy Selwood - Welcome to the forum. Your location in your profile adds context to your posts and helps others give better answers to questions, provide more useful resources, etc. Completely your choice on the level of accuracy. :)

We have a strong group of UK and EU riders on the forum that contribute often. They have many RTEs, (Rides To Eat), that you may find interesting, but do be aware that these are not group rides. Every rider simply makes their way to the designated spot on their own. It can provide excellent opportunities to meet others and learn more about long distance riding. It is not uncommon for riders to pair up for the rides with prior communication.

Here is the IBA UK Sub forum - Click ME I encourage you to post on the Introduction page there as well.

And the IBA Benelux LINK which is a broader EU grouping.

Anyone is welcome, but the threshold for becoming an Iron Butt Association member, including the IBA UK, is the basic SS1600Km ride. Successfully riding, documenting and submitting that will start off your IBA membership and give you a number that is referenced for other aspects of the IBA.

There are may resources here, on ironbutt.org & the Ironbutt UK site. Please enjoy poking around the sites and don't hesitate to ask questions!