Gunner’s Coast to Coast 50

Looks good. Have you tried route planning in Google My Maps vs Google Maps? That way you can easily import to a GPS and also have available on your phone/tab for point-to-point routing as a back-up?
Scott, I've used Google Maps and it limits you to 10 waypoints, does Google My Maps allow more? Thanks.

My maps allow 10 waypoint destinations per navigation layer and if I recall correctly - you can have 9 layers. I had no problems creating my 48+/10 in My Maps. I generally include many more waypoints on the map for contingencies and can easily point-to-point navigate from my phone if necessary. Pretty straight forward as well to save as a KML/KMZ file and import to BaseCamp for final review or direct to GPS.

AndyBlila

Premier Member
Looks good. Have you tried route planning in Google My Maps vs Google Maps? That way you can easily import to a GPS and also have available on your phone/tab for point-to-point routing as a back-up?
I use the built in GPS on my bike as the primary. I work the route up on Google Maps, and then enter it into the Harley Ride Planner. I upload it to the bike and use my phone as the backup.

AndyBlila

Premier Member
Scott, I've used Google Maps and it limits you to 10 waypoints, does Google My Maps allow more? Thanks.
You can also break the ride up into legs of 10 waypoints. I can usually complete 1500 miles in 10 waypoints, and that’s the most I do in one day anyway. Break each day up into a 10 waypoint leg.

AndyBlila

Premier Member
San Simon gas prices will be high - the gas stop in Bowie, AZ is even higher.

Granted, doesn't fit your leg distance well, but, you might consider Lordsburg, NM & Willcox AZ instead - especially if you're doing this stretch during daylight hours.

It'll be hot - trust me!
Thanks! I appreciate the help.

I see plenty of HD riders wearing Aerostich. I'm okay with my Dariern Jacket and AD1 Pants. However, even after more than 12,000 miles wearing them last year, multiple washings etc. I still find them to be stiff and do not feel they have broke-in completely.

AndyBlila

Premier Member
I’m here in Slidell MS. I’ll make the final part of the outbound trip in the morning. The weather is not looking good for the CC50 run on Tuesday with the tropical storm brewing. I maybe delayed ugh. Fingers crossed for a window to blast across. I can deal with a bit of rain but I won’t ride in thunderstorms.

AndyBlila

Premier Member
Here at my final stop before heading back to Coronado CA. It looks like the weather will be good enough, knock on wood, for me to start back tomorrow morning. Robin will fly out tomorrow at the crack of dawn and I’ll jump on my bike and start my IBA CC50 heading back. The only questionable weather looks to be around Tallahassee. I’m still going to try and hope for the best. If I don’t make it through, it may be a week before I can try again. Pray for good weather!

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Here at my final stop before heading back to Coronado CA. It looks like the weather will be good enough, knock on wood, for me to start back tomorrow morning.<...>
Every momentous ride has weather of some sort...

I had an old-timer tell me this 40-odd years ago - and it's true.

Luck to both of you!