HAVE WE BEEN LIED TO ABOUT GORE-TEX VIA MADISON AVENUE MARKETING SCHEMES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe's Law

As a biker, you’re no stranger to the elements. Rain, wind, and the open road are all part of the thrill. Yet, when it comes to gear, the promise of staying dry and comfortable is often met with skepticism, particularly around technologies like Gore-Tex. Is it truly the holy grail of motorcycle clothing, or is it a case of clever marketing over substance? Let’s dive into the reality of Gore-Tex, especially for bikers who demand both breathability and waterproofing in their gear. #getgabe https://screamingthunder.com/have-w...ore-tex-via-madison-avenue-marketing-schemes/

ftherthr35y536536y536y563.jpg

Gabe at Beach with Moto.jpg

Frenchman

Premier Member
IBA Member
To answer your question.... The answer is probably yes. I would take this video from FortNine that was posted (3) months ago.

Gabe's Law

Its not an ad Ira, its my blog that talks about Gore-Tex waterproof & breathability. If your going to be a gate keeper read the blog fully before you call riders out publically in front of their peers. Most blogs and magazine have ads as well as articles and YouTube videos. You are mistaken this is not an ad post its blog...... Aka an article on the internet .....

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
To me, it looks like an ad for your blog. In any case, in the future please just post the info link with your discussion, as opposed to what amounts to a display ad..

Thanks.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Gabe's Law

I posted the link I have no control over what the website chooses to display to everybody. Maybe you should have a conversation with the webmaster to see why it shows that picture over the featured picture that I chose that shows up on all social media. This is the first time I see this and it is a doing of the software for this bulletin board or system here under iron butt. I did not purposely put that up there besides that was a stupid meme that I did is not even an advertisement. Would you hire an attorney who took his head and put it on some skinny kids body who's 50 years younger than him?
To me, it looks like an ad for your blog. In any case, in the future please just post the info link with your discussion, as opposed to what amounts to a display ad..

Thanks.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Gabe's Law

I posted the link I have no control over what the website chooses to display to everybody. Maybe you should have a conversation with the webmaster to see why it shows that picture over the featured picture that I chose that shows up on all social media. This is the first time I see this and it is a doing of the software for this bulletin board or system here under iron butt. I did not purposely put that up there besides that was a stupid meme that I did is not even an advertisement. Would you hire an attorney who took his head and put it on some skinny kids body who's 50 years younger than him?

Attachments

So, Gabe, you're simply trying to encourage people to click on the link you provided in an attempt to generate traffic to your blog, which promotes you as an 'attorney that rides'.

I see it as a backhanded attempt to advertise the services you offer.

Right?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@Gabe's Law - Besides, you're not old enough to use ALL CAPS yet. ;) Let it go, and please let us come to you, if we choose, rather than using this venue to attempt to get people to come read your blog.

Nice pile on by fellow brothers that FAIL to realise that I posted the link and the Forum posted the two pics. If you lazy brothers just CLICK on the link and see the article you all would take back your words. When you post the link the software of the forum "Decides" what image to show not ME! I did not post the pic but since you guyz rather be headline readers than delve into the article I guess its a lost battle.

Do your homework BOOMERS! Bible says ye shall not bear false witness against one another...........

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
You're missing the point, again. I didn't click on the link for the same reason I didn't click on the Fort Nine link, because I'm quite happy with my personal experience telling me what works and doesn't and don't need 'help' from you or any other person with their own agenda.

@Ira - time to lock this thread, imho.

Firstpeke

I thought it was spam, even though the member has been on here for a year..... but it does look very adverty to me....

Most folk know if you include a weblink it will often pop up a content banner of some sort....

I was reading the post until I got to the statement about how Gortex was waterproof and wind proof.
BS meter jumped at that point.
My experience has been in Florida summers when it rains my Klim gets steamy inside because the jacket materials don't breathe. I open the vents to help and it does until the torrential downpour for a few hours. At that point I am just wet. They say, "What's better than a waterproof jacket? TWO WATERPROOF JACKETS. I always carry a shell and put it over my Torrent jacket in those long period down pours. I hope they invent something better than Gore-Tex or beeswax before I die.

You're missing the point, again. I didn't click on the link for the same reason I didn't click on the Fort Nine link, because I'm quite happy with my personal experience telling me what works and doesn't and don't need 'help' from you or any other person with their own agenda.

@Ira - time to lock this thread, imho.
So basically you would shut down a fellow IBA member's (since 2013) moto-speech because you don't like the author's message?!?!?!!?!?!

Patrick Ford

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
My experience has been in Florida summers when it rains my Klim gets steamy inside because the jacket materials don't breathe. I open the vents to help and it does until the torrential downpour for a few hours. At that point I am just wet. They say, "What's better than a waterproof jacket? TWO WATERPROOF JACKETS. I always carry a shell and put it over my Torrent jacket in those long period down pours. I hope they invent something better than Gore-Tex or beeswax before I die.
You miss my point. Gortex is waterproof, not windproof which anyone who rides in cold weather knows. Still call BS

Status
Not open for further replies.