Heard of Steve Krawse?

Dave Rose

Thought this might be of interest.
I had a discussion with my brother in law in Chicago and he put me in touch with a chap called Steve Krawse.
Steve does a few miles a year to say the least, this is the FB Messenger conversation.

Steve Krawse accepted your request.

Hello David. Go to my FB page. Scroll down through the social stuff and each June/July I post a summary recap of my Annual June ride. I think FB has the all the annuals but I lost the link to the photos after Picasa changed to Google. If you'd like feel free to call. 973-876-9366 I've ridden about 235,000 miles throughout the US & Canada and Alaska over the past 18 years. Each years ride is 10,000-15,000 miles and out for 3-4 weeks solo.

Last year I finished riding to all 47 of the US national parks, in the continental United States. There are approximately 420 properties in the NPS National Park system, and 59 US national parks and some of them are absolutely breathtaking. As you can see by some of the ride maps I have covered just about every interstate north to south and east to west and most of the famous state roads. I've been all over Route 66 but have found that only portions in the Southwest are interesting enough to make the ride. Much of Route 66 has been turned over to interstate 40, some state roads in areas where it is still traveled you will notice it's in disrepair, economically disadvantaged because the interstate took all the traffic and as a result not the best areas for food or gas etc., some of the areas in the Southwest have little towns that are meth capitals such as Needles and a few others. You can always jump on and off route 66 in some of the scenic areas to capture the photographs that you most often see in travel logs, but for the most part not one of my favorites.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Taking the total estimated miles, dividing by the number of years - it would seem that the vast majority of his annual riding is doing only that single ride?

Dave Rose

Taking the total estimated miles, dividing by the number of years - it would seem that the vast majority of his annual riding is doing only that single ride?
He does say his 'annual June ride' but still over 13,000 per year. I would guess a lot of riders wouldn't get close to that unless they are commuting daily plus doing rides. Up to now I've been averaging around 5,000 miles but that is starting to increase as I plan trips to the Continent and Iron Butt rides.