Heated Visor?

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I’ve been at MCN Live today and saw a VISIN heated visor insert tested.
Here
I obviously currently use a Pinlock with its known restrictions. I’ve often thought a heated visor, as seen
in Snow Mobile community, would work.
Anyone used a heated visor? Any feedback?

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
I’ve been at MCN Live today and saw a VISIN heated visor insert tested.
Here
I obviously currently use a Pinlock with its known restrictions. I’ve often thought a heated visor, as seen
in Snow Mobile community, would work.
Anyone used a heated visor? Any feedback?
How COLD?
1700498292258.png
Pinlock worked fine.

MrMarcus

I dont know'what it will do when the salty water hits the visor.
The heated visor will dry the water faster and I think it will be a misty view.
We can't spray water for removal. :)

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Back in late 80's BMW on the system 2 offered a heated visor, i remember. I was told it worked great at removing misting but caused the grime on the outside to bake on.
But that was an improvement on said helmet, I was told it could mist up open.

I rode in winter to the Arctic Circle in Sweden with temp down to -37 centidegrees. I used a HJC helmet with a HJC heated visor. That works very fine. Without it, it was only one expiration and I was blind.......

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
£150 to £175 with exhibition discount.
And £180 to £195 w/o exhibition discount! LINK

The snow machine oriented ones I've seen were 12v powered by the sled. Not sure of another cord from the helmet would excite me after long ago going wireless with comm. I've ridden in 20F all day w/o much fuss. Some wet snowing passes did have me wishing for a heated visor, but not often enough to spend that kind of coin.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
On a search for that rotating type of visor, I found them called "turbo-visors" and the following commet:

I actually had one of these turbo- visors on one of my helmets - the idea was it spun and flicked off the rain to give a clear view - it didn’t.
Still sold! LINK in yellow, or a NOS Clear at a collector price. Apparently briefly tried by Graham Hill in F1 racing and still a fascination in some karting circles.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
On a search for that rotating type of visor, I found them called "turbo-visors" and the following commet:

Still sold! LINK in yellow, or a NOS Clear at a collector price. Apparently briefly tried by Graham Hill in F1 racing and still a fascination in some karting circles.
They work on ships at sea, so why not on a motorcycle? :D