How do I find or get issued a membership number?

I did three iron boat rides in 2001 and 2002 and at that time I don’t think the IBA was issuing membership numbers so I’m trying to figure out how I can get a membership number so I can buy stuff from the ABA store. Thank you very much for your help.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
P.S. A cursory search of the rider database at the e-Store shows more than 50 members with either a first or last name of "Marshall". If you want to tell me your real name (or the name you would have used to get your rides certified) I can try looking up your number and rides for you...

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I did three iron boat rides in 2001 and 2002 and at that time I don’t think the IBA was issuing membership numbers so I’m trying to figure out how I can get a membership number so I can buy stuff from the ABA store. Thank you very much for your help.
Yes, I see your rides in the database. I also see you listed in the eStore database, but without an IBA member number. So I've asked Mike to issue you one consistent with the 2001 ride date.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Last edited:

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I also see you completed a Saddlesore 1000 on 9/7/01.

Ira

Russ Black

Premier Member
I see you now have an IBA number. If you still have your certificates you can send a photo of them in and they will enter them into the new database. The instructions on how to do this can be found Here:

Hi, you say I have a ABA number now but I don’t know how to retrieve it. Could you please tell me what that number is I would really appreciate it. If you need more information or pictures of my certificates I’d be happy to send them to you.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
I see you now have an IBA number. If you still have your certificates you can send a photo of them in and they will enter them into the new database. The instructions on how to do this can be found Here:
The only Ron Marshall I see with a number in the estore has a number in the 70,000s. A number from 2001 would likely be sub-11k. (My 11k number was from July 2002) 70k is more like 2018ish, I believe.

I do not think that Ron Mashall is this Ron Marshall.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@Russ Black - The eStore database and moving older rides into it is a Premier benefit. Note that there is a Ronald Marshall with a IBA number in the 71k range that is a different person than this Ron Marshall that did the rides in '01 and '02. This Ron Marshall hasn't done any rides after 04/01/20, so has no rides in the eStore database, thus no searchable data to provide his IBA number.

@Marshall62 - You will likely have to wait until a number is issued for you by Mike Kneebone. I suspect he or one of the other staff will contact you once that happens.