How true

Firstpeke

How very true indeed....

I do remember asking a friend in the USA when it was Trump versus Clinton in the presidential race, and this will no doubt elicit some terse responses, "Is this really the best two candidates the entire USA can muster?"

Mind you, we here in the UK did little better......

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
I asked a similar question - are there no candidates under 70 years old?

and now they have an octogenarian president??

and we've got an Eton mess!

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
In the US we don't vote for candidates, we vote against the worst one. I haven't voted for a presidential candidate since... well ever in my adult life. (I'm 58) That's how bad our political system has become. The last time there were some decent options at the start of the 'race', but when it was time to vote all the decent, under 60 year old candidates had dropped, (been forced), out and we were left with an egomaniac with delusions of grandeur and a dementia patient that had been tricked into running for office.

Firstpeke

I've said it before and I will say it again..... In the UK there should be a box on every voting form that says "None of the above"....

If "None of the above" wins, the rest cannot stand again for at least two terms...... or elections..... or ever preferably!

That would sharpen their campaigns up somewhat.....

I've said it before and I will say it again..... In the UK there should be a box on every voting form that says "None of the above"....

If "None of the above" wins, the rest cannot stand again for at least two terms...... or elections..... or ever preferably!

That would sharpen their campaigns up somewhat.....
at first i thought i liked the idea then i realised here in the uk i've never had the chance to vote for the head of state so the USA is ahead there. In the uk our head of state was in power when i was born and still is.

we don't actually vote for a prime minster either we vote for an MP, By tradition its the party with the most MPs that pick the prime minster. there is no constitutional or legal requirement for the prime minster to actually be an mp, all that the prime minster is required to do is command a majority in the house of commons.

so even if there is a lemon in the top job least they picked their lemon in the USA.

we on the other hand don't get the option