I 70 Indianapolis

For those planning to use I 70 in Indianapolis the north split is still closed. It was supposed to be open in December, but due to material shortages it will not be open till late April early May if the construction gods are nice to them. Best reroute is to go 465 south around the south side of the city as there is construction on 465 and multiple exits closed on the north side. There is construction on south side as well but 3 lanes open to travel.

Jay Bolinger

Premier Member
As of 6Feb2023, I-70 is open through downtown Indy (E to W and W to E). You can take I-70 West to I-65 N or S as well. You CANNOT take I-70 East to I-65 North. Most of the downtown exits are still closed and under construction. But, those just passing through in an eastward or westward direction should be OK. Signage is very poor at this time. Given the history of this mess, using navigation with live traffic alerts is likely to be a good idea.

As of 6Feb2023, I-70 is open through downtown Indy (E to W and W to E). You can take I-70 West to I-65 N or S as well. You CANNOT take I-70 East to I-65 North. Most of the downtown exits are still closed and under construction. But, those just passing through in an eastward or westward direction should be OK. Signage is very poor at this time. Given the history of this mess, using navigation with live traffic alerts is likely to be a good idea.

Thanks Jay . I was just going to update today when i had some free time .