IBA Australia - 20th Anniversary 50CC Ride

ACTCapo

What if I am not able to commit to a 50CC?
You have the opportunity to complete any IBA ride, but you must start you IBA ride on one of the following dates: Friday 25th Aug 2023, Saturday 26th August 2023 or Sunday 27th August 2023.
Upon completion of your ride and certification, a certificate to reflect that you rode this IBA ride to "Commemorate the first 50CC in Australia" or similar wording would be issued to you.
I just re-read this from the first post. My SS1600 started on 24th, so I guess I won’t get an “anniversary” certificate :(

Derrick

IBR Finisher
I wandered in an hour ago. 10k kms, a 50 cc, an overnight with Tabledrain and Colleen, a visit with Crappy and Bron, a last night on the road dinner with Michael and LTP, and what feels like 1000 photos of sunsets, murals( with and without wheels) and random roadside attractions.

Thanks to all who participated, or saw us off, or who followed on from home.

Had a ball the whole way round

Rr to follow

Now that the Anniversary Rid eis done and dusted and before too many ride reports roll in I would like to take this opportunity -

1. Congratulate all riders on their commitment and dedication to achieving their 50CC
  2. Commiserate with those who either were unable to make the departure line or had issues along the way
  3. Commend those who rode considerable distances to be at Port Melbourne before returning home or joining the riders for part of their journey
  4. Thank everyone for their welcome at the start - so many I don't know or just know a name/handle or have not seen in many years or have simply forgotten since our last meeting

It is hard to believe that 20 years have passed. It only seems like recently that John and Derrick arrived at my place for the 10th anniversary lunch not long after we moved here.

I was also enthused by the bikes and the level of tech these days as well as the impact of LED lighting. I still have a pair of the all conquering (at the time) PAA 910's that Bill had on his BMW 20 years ago.

I also look forward to following this group more closely then I have in more recent years and perhaps turning up at events (though in a vehicle with at least 4 wheels :)). I do still get LDRider digests though they are only skimmed in bulk these days...too many other interests. LD riding is still in my blood but using alternate vehicles.

In closing, I thank Derrick for letting me know about the ride and booking me in for an appearance. I very much enjoyed the opportunity. (Mind you I wish that I had left home earlier as the traffic disruptions had me pass the servo on the wrong side of a barrier once and from the opposite direction once before going way past in order to return. I used to work in the St Kilda Road area for many years but in retirement you lose touch regarding works in progress.)

I look forward to reading more ride reports as they are written.

Regards
Bernard
IBA# - 7623
FR# - 60
Kinglake West VIC