IBA European Tour 2018 August 8th - August 12th

pihlo

Master of Desaster
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Will there be a last newsletter available? Maybe also demofiles to made absolut sure we know the korrekt Format for importing?

Robert

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
You are still busy with....scouting???:oops:
That means the rally book is not finished and scrutinized to spot most of the inevitable errors?
No printing done yet?o_O

Good luck, guys!

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
No, not scouting really.
More double checking sites captured years ago, so that trees have not grown in to the Picture, or roads have been altered.
Also making the effort to visit spots where we have used Google to pre-scout during the winter months.

I am busy in Norway right now. Wonderful country!
And expensive. Once you make a wrong turn, one can not just make an U-turn.
You have to concider "can I afford to go back"...?

Yes, I am doing the final check-up by car now. So shoot me.
Actually more convenient with maps, note books, papers and what not.
...and more comfortable. I still cant stand the heat, and even Norway is sizzling right now.

See you all!

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Just have to share these two pictures with you:

They have not been processed or beautified in any way - just clean shots in speed right through the front window with a simple mobile phone.

This is what ridning the Scandinavian roads look like - every night, always:

Nordic Lights!

Actually no. You will be very lucky to get to see such a dramatic night sky. At least down here at civilized latitudes, this time of year.
Still - amazing sight and fantastic sense-around-show.
I came across a German couple who had dug out their loungers from the back of the camper van and just sat there, gazing at the sky.

"We should have gone to bed hours ago, but one just can't take the eyes from the sky."

IBA Sweden

IBA Sweden
Staff member
Will there be a last newsletter available? Maybe also demofiles to made absolut sure we know the korrekt Format for importing?
A copy of the rules + a few "demo files" for you to test import of locations into your selected computer / gps etc. will be sent 29/7.

Robert said:
You are still busy with....scouting???:oops:
That means the rally book is not finished and scrutinized to spot most of the inevitable errors?
No printing done yet?o_O

Good luck, guys!
No worries, things are considerably more under control than ever before, better by the minute.
Now, where did I put that pocket-calender sized map of Europe, the one with all the locations marked in it... :cool:

IBA Sweden

IBA Sweden
Staff member
All joking aside:
Yes, the final preparations are well under way
Yes, we have a challenging event prepared for you, of a quality that you are used to
Yes, we have not been communicating with you, the participants, like we should have. Note taken. Will work on that for the next event!

Right now I can only make two promises:
1: You will have a good time. But only if you choose to have a good time!
2: You will travel on new roads and you will see new places!

Suggested final preparations:
So bring your swimming trunks...and the snow-shoes...and the sunscreen...and the winte rjacket...and passport...and colour printer...and cooking gear...and all the other stuff you KNOW you will need!

Questions:
Will there be a lot of walking involved or will this be a "riding" rally?
A: Riding. That is what it is about. Sure, you will have to do some walking in a few locations but the mountains here up north are not as high as in the Alps...so the hour-long hikes up the mountains...no, will not happen here!

Will there be mandatory rest-stop-break-things?
A: Yes

Will there be gravel-roads?
A: In the rally area there are roads. All sorts of roads. Some are paved. Some are not.

Will there be a minimum mileage to ride or minimum points to collect to be classified as finisher?
A: Maybe

Do you still have a spare place for one more participant?
A: Unfortunately one or two participants had to drop out for healt- or other reasons.
I have therefore decided that we will also accept last-minute applications!
Let us keep it simple: PM or e-mail to reviewing@ironbutt.se.

Will there be major changes to the rules compared to other events?
A: No. Only one small thing, it is actually so small you may miss it if you blink

Other questions?
Feel free to ask here, or E-mail to reviewing@ironbutt.se

Regards
/Benny