John & Sonia RTE - 21st January 2017

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
It's me that has the problem John. A bike event I go by bike. It's a throw back from Harley Riding, many said Harley Riders were fair weather but I single handed tried to dispel this myth.

I should know better now, but luckily I've not grown up yet.

Love, light and kindness,

Dave

Please note having re-read my post on this RTE I have edited it to more accurately reflect what my brain was thinking but my fingers couldn't type :oops:.

John Young

Triumph Triple expert.
Okay - I've started a list on the first post of this thread.

If you want to come along, please let us know as we need to know approximate numbers for the food

Ta !!

John Young

Triumph Triple expert.
Given that we normally have upwards of 25 to 30 people to this RTE and we are currently at 14 (including myself and Sonia !!), either :

1. We've become IBAUK lepers or
2. People don't know about it

If we (i.e. the IBAUK) have a mailing list perhaps it may be worth sending some sort of "flyer" out perhaps ?

I am planning on attending but as i am travelling from hoy it is dependent on weather for ferries and road conditions in the Highlands

John Young

Triumph Triple expert.
Ah, yes. I know Longhope well.

The older ones of the family who live on Orkney still clearly remember the Lifeboat disaster of 1969 with the Irene.

The monument/memorial is very moving

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Given that we normally have upwards of 25 to 30 people to this RTE and we are currently at 14 (including myself and Sonia !!), either :

1. We've become IBAUK lepers or
2. People don't know about it

If we (i.e. the IBAUK) have a mailing list perhaps it may be worth sending some sort of "flyer" out perhaps ?
I think it is this Forum. I have really tried to like it but I just do not get on with it as well as I did the last one or other Forums. Its nothing to do with the posts or the people it is just the 'clunky' Forum!

Posting photos on here is ridiculous! In my view!

I definitely do not think you have become Lepers, Sonia is such a wonderful, thoughtful, kind person that she can easily outweigh you John. Just my $0.02

Oh and I do not know of any member database we can mail too; if there is and this most wonderful R2E is to be promoted with a direct eMail then hopefully whoever does it can add a link to our Shop!

Note to Sonia is that enough creeping to warrant seconds?

Love, light and kindness,

Dave

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
A point worth mentioning is that Facebook is being used a lot by members now.
Also I must say i did prefer the long list of messages that the old forum used, just seemed easier to keep up to date.

Last edited:

Lynn O'Kane

Hi

If it is not to late please could I be added to the list of attendees for the ride to eat at John and Sonia's.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Lynn

jaybee

Latvian rider transport!!!!!!
Premier Member
I know I've been before but could you remind me of the exact address.
I know the Pottal Pool bit and then there is a roundabout and you are a couple of hundred yards up on the right but the rest is a bit fuzzy!