Looking for a co-rider and / or a passenger for a trip to Nordcapp ....

John Young

Triumph Triple expert.
.... that I'm contemplating on the T160 Outfit next year

This is the itinerary I am proposing working to :

Tuesday 14th February : leave home travel down to Dover and cross to France that evening

Wednesday 15th February : travel across Europe

Thursday 16th February : continue journey and catch overnight boat to Oslo from Copenhagen

Friday 17th February : travel to Krystal Rally

Now this is the itinerary myself and Paul Hulme used the last time we went to the Krystall rally so I know it’s achievable

Then we review the situation .....

If the weather is still okay (and more importantly if we feel okay and the bike is running well) then we will continue to head north on the Saturday using whichever road is the main road north (I presume that the main roads still have to be kept passable for freight etc) If it isn’t, then we simply head for home having had a ride to the Krystall Rally again

Whichever route we use, it seems to be around 1200 miles to Nordcapp from the Krystall Rally and we would allow 4 days (assuming the weather was kind) to do this.

At the end of each day we would obviously review both my progress and therefore our options.

Once (if) we get to Nordcapp, the journey back is “simply” the reverse of the above

Now I need a co-rider / passenger so if anyone is interested, please drop me a quick email and I’ll go into further details regarding estimated costs etc. (It won’t be cheap though as hotels in Norway are a bit pricey and there’’ll be at least 2 overnight ferry crossings. The pound in freefall won’t help either)

Just a couple of final points :

1. The T160 outfit is being modified from the specification that it had on the Krystall Rally run as this trip will be a whole different ball game
2. You’ll need to be able to take at least 12 days away from home (14th (Tuesday) to 26th (Sunday) – and that is assuming we don’t get “stuck” anywhere and everything goes to plan
3. And lastly, this is probably dangerous – not stupidly so, but will require serious attention if it is to be achieved

So, if anyone is interested in finding out more, just drop me a quick email

I really want to do this (or at least attempt it) and I'd be much happier having someone along with me