Many Thanks to all of the Organisers and Volunteers

Many thanks to all of the organisers (whether you were there or not) and for all of the happy volunteers who made the ride possible. Without you it just wouldn't happen.
I hope that you enjoyed the bottle of rum in the cold hours around the start and finish, but next year could you buy more bacon so that you don't run out before I get back after 23 Hrs 52 minutes please?
Really enjoyed the new Southern route anticlockwise and stopped several times just to admire the views. It made a nice change after 5 times up to Wick.
Thanks again and hope to be back next year.

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Glad you enjoyed it again Martin, and the southern route too. We only had one person who was able to cook the food and as you can appreciate he couldn't stay up all night so we had a stock in a heated cabinet but this is one thing we'll look at for 2018. Maybe bacon butties for those that finish up until X hour then rubber type hot dogs after that :)

With somebody of your experience if you feel you're not up to riding then we'd be more than grateful if you still came along to help out. Many hands make light work :D

Glad you enjoyed it again Martin, and the southern route too. We only had one person who was able to cook the food and as you can appreciate he couldn't stay up all night so we had a stock in a heated cabinet but this is one thing we'll look at for 2018. Maybe bacon butties for those that finish up until X hour then rubber type hot dogs after that :)

With somebody of your experience if you feel you're not up to riding then we'd be more than grateful if you still came along to help out. Many hands make light work :D
Mark,
Bacon butties weren't a problem just a disapointment, I normally buy a sandwich or sausage roll on the way to eat at the end, just so that I've got a full stomach before bed.
Any year which I can't do the ride but am able to attend, I will certainly be one of the volunteers, and bring another bottle of Rum :)

Bob M

IBA Member
A big thank you to everyone involved. I thought it was great fun and I`m already looking forward to next year. Apologies for not making the debrief, was just too tired. Cheers Bob

Aitch

Another big thank you to the organisers and volunteers. Learnt a few lessons along the way and seemed to clock up an extra 50 or 60 miles.

Thinking about next year what about people starting the route at any of the 5 mandatory checkpoints? Squires is ok for me but this is a comment on one of the other forums

I really fancied doing this but was told I needed to start and finish in Leeds i think it was, which is a 400 mile round trip for me, annoying seeing as the 1000 mile route passes by my front door! I thought I could just join in from anywhere on the route, They'd probably get a lot more takers if this was the case. Just don't have the time for this 400 mile addition. Anyway to anyone doing it, good luck.

As they are not finishing at Squires then obviously it can not be ratified there and then and it causes a bit more admin but thought I would pass on the suggestion.

PS Martin the bacon butties were lovely :p

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Sat here listening to the Hairy bikers on Planet rock the RBLR 1000 ride got a mention big thanks to the organisers and congratulations to all who took part.
Both of them say they are proud members of the RBLR so how about inviting them to have a go next year??
P.S is there any cloth badges for this year?

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Thinking about next year what about people starting the route at any of the 5 mandatory checkpoints? Squires is ok for me but this is a comment on one of the other forums :p
Yes, I've see it on the RBLR forum about other start/finish locations too. I agree that a southern route would be a good idea however the practicalities are somewhat different. There's over 6000 RBLR members but we struggle to get 20 volunteers to help out. We have IBA veterans down south who could do the verifying but until we get a hundred people volunteering to help out at Squires then trying for a second start location will have to wait in the sidelines. :(

Also, there's nothing to stop anybody doing their own SS1000 from wherever they want then submitting paperwork for checking as others do. In fact one rider this year had to pull out a day or so before the event due to bike problems, but then got a loan bike so he decided to do the southern route on it starting from Bristol and passing through Squires for us to sign his log. He'll be submitting his own paperwork but trying to organize a mass event like this with multiple start/finish locations without disclaimer forms etc is at the top of the 'too hard' pile I'm afraid.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
If riders start at the nearest stop for them with a start witness as per an SS1000 but they must get the log signed at Squires and an end witness at their start position your admin at squires would be the only one needed.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
If riders start at the nearest stop for them with a start witness as per an SS1000 but they must get the log signed at Squires and an end witness at their start position your admin at squires would be the only one needed.
Or, make it even easier and just put a receipt point at the A1 Ferrybridge services and just let riders do their own thing at any time of the year from where they want to :rolleyes:

Aitch

Thats kind of what I was thinking. and at least they would still be part of the day.

As for the Hairy Bikers maybe they could be invited to the Friday brief or serve the butties on Sunday morning :)

Massive thanks to all the organisers of the RBLR 1000 really enjoyed this event in 2016 and 2017 and already looking forward to next years.

Would love to have a 1500 mile route as an option, I know I can attempt this anytime by myself but would really like it to be a part of the RBLR weekend. Enjoy going to squires on the Friday, chatting to other riders, the Friday night briefing, setting off with everyone, seeing others along the route and finishing at Squires. The morning briefing makes me feel part of something special and for a good cause too. Setting off on a 1500 mile ride alone just wouldn't seem the same.

As this ride will more than likely be an annual event for me, it would be more cost effective to include an extra 500 miles than do 2 separate rides. Could a route be provided for a BB 1500?

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Massive thanks to all the organisers of the RBLR 1000 really enjoyed this event in 2016 and 2017 and already looking forward to next years. Would love to have a 1500 mile route as an option. Could a route be provided for a BB 1500?
Crezz who set up the Just Giving page did it once but he did the previous southern route then added some of the northern route to make it up to the 1500 miles. I'll look into it and discuss it with Phil when he gets back from America :)

Crezz

Just like Mark says, I did it combining some of the northern route along with the southern route. In a nutshell, Squires up to Perth, across to Glasgow then down to Penzance, across to Dover and then back to Squires.. Took 23hrs and some 25mins. Last 749 miles in pouring rain, oh what happy days that was. Not easy but we did it, my pillion and I.