Memorial Day Memorial Ride

Howard Entman

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
Memorial Day is a USA based holiday where we remember those that died while in military service. In the Iron Butt World, on May 29, 2017, for those that wish to dedicate a ride in remembrance to our military members, but also those that have passed on to greater rides, we issue a special Memorial certification. The IBA version of Memorial Day has spread across the globe, so even if you are from outside the USA and have a loved one to remember, we encourage you to take at the ride page at:

www.ironbutt.com/memorial/2017memdaymemride.html

Thanks to a special team of Premier members, for those leading potential new members on their ride, we do have a special discounted fee for the ride leader of the group.

Certifications are available for SS1000, SS1600K, BBG - just about any ride you can imagine with a specially designed Memorial ride logo with a rider looking off into the sunset - a passionate symbol of our remembering those the sun has set on. As always, these certifications have space for a special dedication should you choose to note who the ride was in memory of.

Howard

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Well..... I was planning a ride of around 1450 miles that day but now it looks like I might have to stretch it out a little and actually gather receipts and witnesses instead, eh? ;)

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
:) I wasn't sure that info had been released to the general public yet and I didn't want to start a FBesque style uproar about the need for witnesses so I kinda played it generic.

Howard Entman

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
We're one week away from the Memorial Day Weekend!

Many riders say that they can't plan for a ride weeks or months in advance--they like to have a 'shorter time window' to do ride planning. If you are one of those riders, now is the time to register for this year's Memorial Day Memorial Ride.

Remember, you only need to be riding for one minute on Monday, Memorial Day. So you can start your ride on Sunday and finish just after midnight and still qualify.

If you are new to the IBA, you can read a brief history of the Memorial Rides here.

Let's go riding!

Howard

Howard Entman

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
It looks like the weather in most of the United States this weekend is going to be perfect for a motorcycle ride. So fill your gas tank and pt on your riding gear and take a Memorial Day Memorial Ride.

enough said.

BigDaddy

Premier Member
Got my ride in, now hopefully I didn't screw up sending in my documents too bad. Ended up sending everything in but my paypal receipt, so I sent that in after, hope that didn't screw anything up. Ride went well. Did an SS1000, riding 1120 miles in 18 hours 45 minutes.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
I submitted my documentation electronically on 29 May and as yet I haven't received an acknowledgement of receipt. Should I be concerned?

BigDaddy

Premier Member
I submitted my documentation electronically on 29 May and as yet I haven't received an acknowledgement of receipt. Should I be concerned?

Same here, haven't heard a thing. And I am even a premier member. I dont mind waiting, but I would like to know if they got everything I sent them.

I received my 100 CCC certificate within 10 days of submission in May; but have yet to receive the rest of the package. With the Rally coming up; I assume most resources are stretched thin.

I received my 100 CCC certificate within 10 days of submission in May; but have yet to receive the rest of the package. With the Rally coming up; I assume most resources are stretched thin.
Agree - None of the officials from the IBA will have any hair until a month after the rally is history!

Any updates yet? Still haven't received confimation that my app was even received....
Stephen - I would give it 2-3 more weeks. It is likely many of the Rally organizers are taking a little time off and perhaps logging a few miles of their own after the time and pressure demand leading up and through the Rally. I'm still waiting on a few things as well; but trust it will all get sorted.