My "Aunt Louise Memorial SaddleSore 1000"

Dave28117

Premier Member
So, my aunt, who lived to just shy of 103, passed away in August. They finally got the date set for a memorial service for her. My wife wasn't able to travel from here to Philly due to some other issues, so I decided to take the bike. It's been a while since I did a SS1K, so I thought I'd ride the bike up taking the "long way" going down through Atlanta and then north to pick up I-81 heading north. I didn't really pay that much attention to weather and ended up hitting the remnants of Hurricane Ophelia by the time I got up to the northern VA and PA areas.

I left Saturday at 8 AM here in the Charlotte area. it was a little drizzly, but quickly rode out of it as I headed south on I85 into SC and GA. Part of my reason for going through ATL was to pick up a Rev'It jacket I purchased from an inmate on ADV Rider. As I said, I hit some rain as I headed north but arrived in Plymouth Meeting PA about 1 AM. I got some sleep and woke up to rain, but hey...the breakfast at the hotel was great. I found a small break in the weather to ride the bike over to the memorial service. I was glad to get to see a lot of my cousins whom I have not seen in several years! I waited around until about 4:30 looking for a break in the weather to head home, but it never came. I decided to just throw on my gear and head west and south. The rain was off and on until I got into VA. From there is was dry and smooth but because of my late start, I didn't make it home until about 1:30 AM. Monday at work was NOT a great day! LOL

1500+ miles in two days and the attached cert. good ride!
SS1K.jpg

My question is whether the ride was appropriate for your aunt? Was her life a little stormy with rain and good times mixed in? Sounds like she lived until after her metaphorical midnight, and your ride lasted a long time as well.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
So, my aunt, who lived to just shy of 103, passed away in August. They finally got the date set for a memorial service for her. My wife wasn't able to travel from here to Philly due to some other issues, so I decided to take the bike. It's been a while since I did a SS1K, so I thought I'd ride the bike up taking the "long way" going down through Atlanta and then north to pick up I-81 heading north. I didn't really pay that much attention to weather and ended up hitting the remnants of Hurricane Ophelia by the time I got up to the northern VA and PA areas.

I left Saturday at 8 AM here in the Charlotte area. it was a little drizzly, but quickly rode out of it as I headed south on I85 into SC and GA. Part of my reason for going through ATL was to pick up a Rev'It jacket I purchased from an inmate on ADV Rider. As I said, I hit some rain as I headed north but arrived in Plymouth Meeting PA about 1 AM. I got some sleep and woke up to rain, but hey...the breakfast at the hotel was great. I found a small break in the weather to ride the bike over to the memorial service. I was glad to get to see a lot of my cousins whom I have not seen in several years! I waited around until about 4:30 looking for a break in the weather to head home, but it never came. I decided to just throw on my gear and head west and south. The rain was off and on until I got into VA. From there is was dry and smooth but because of my late start, I didn't make it home until about 1:30 AM. Monday at work was NOT a great day! LOL

1500+ miles in two days and the attached cert. good ride!
View attachment 11186
Good job on the ride...

Am I the only one bothered by the crooked image of the cert? :D