1. IBA Australia Muster 2018
    Date: 7th April 2018
    Dismiss Notice

OX-34 - Lap of Australia on Highway 1

Discussion in 'Other Multi Day Rides' started by OX-34, Apr 12, 2017.

1. kwaka

kwaka Premier Member

Congrats Peter, awesome ride mate!

Martin Little likes this.
  2. Fatman

Fatman Well-Known Member

Fantastic riding Ox well done. WOW!!

Congratulations!!

3. Crappy

Crappy Premier Member

Woof Woof the top dog is home.

4. TripleTreat

TripleTreat Well-Known Member

Amazing! And even better, Ox has drawn the ultimate shape - the map of Australia!!!!!!

Congratulations and sleep well.

Crappy likes this.
  5. Vlad

Vlad Premier Member

Congratulations Peter. What a ride for a spur of the moment decision. Epic

6. John negus

John negus Well-Known Member

All done.. the Ox is home. He was like a camel in the desert who could smell water..charging for home. I lost him a few times and found him again..lost him for the last time near his home..went aroind the roundabout and disappeared. Made it with a few hours to spare..our Ox is certainly a big dog in our pack. Dont know if i was actually much help but it was fun..good effort from all involved..cheers and yippee..j

7. Nev..

Nev.. #44764 Premier Member

Incredible effort. As much fun to participate in from behind a keyboard as an Iron Butt Rally.
    I had been watching the Spot for the past week and calculating potential arrival times in Melbourne, and i was all set to head down to the Westgate Freeway where I anticipated he'd be stopping at the servo for a receipt, but I got a call from work, and I couldn't say no. Didn't finish till midnight Thursday and after a quick nap I was back at work 7am Friday. (and yes I did think about going down anyway, but while OX-34 can survive on 4 hrs or less sleep per night... I struggle ). Well done Peter. A really superlative effort.

8. tj189

tj189 Administrator

Well done Peter, great to see you home safe.

9. Gatey

Gatey Premier Member

Larry the lobster is still there Bazz. His feelers have been taken down and the rebuild is under way to get the body in order. Over the last 5 or 6 years Larry has been the centre of much Kingston discussion and even at state level.
    Larry the lobster is in fact one of the very first "Big things"to attract tourists. Larry the lobster has even be re-birthed in SpongBobs...apparently.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...ingstons-big-lobster-remains-in-limbo/6872788

And on and on.
    My boss started watching this SPOT since Thursday. We have been at different ends of the planet and I have to say Phil is plenty good hooked.
    Ox mate this ride has reached out to more than the usual suspects. My workshop punches out some big work and all ten of us have been following your progress.
    One or two spent the week learning that other places exist.
    Opening minds.

10. LindsayGT

LindsayGT Member

Well done! I think 20,700 odd views on Spot might be a Record!

11. gus

gus Active Member

Well done OX

12. Fransvdm

Fransvdm Premier Member

Well done Peter

13. Gatey

Gatey Premier Member

Congratulations Peter. This ride has reached few fringe riders mate. Its come at a fantastic time in IBAAustralia with so many big hitters out for a ride.
    A most splendid adventure.

14. Philmor

Philmor Premier Member

Congratulations OX on nailing this huge ride.
    You continue to inspire us all.

Darn it, there is no Spot to watch at 2am tonight.

15. Martin Little

Martin Little Premier Member

Congrats Ox!

Words will not do justice to your ride, you're an inspiration, thanks for sharing!

16. Skidoo

Skidoo Not Right Rider Premier Member

AWSOME ride Peter, I enjoyed the adventure and am looking forward to the RR and pics.

17. Wombattle

Wombattle Well-Known Member

I picked Bill up so we could sign OX in. He looked fresh as a daisy but maybe didn't smell as nice. A quick pic taken while the paperwork was being done.
    [​IMG]

Congrats Peter, what an amazing ride!

Marls, tj189, Martin Little and 2 others like this.
  18. Farkleit

Farkleit Premier Member

Peter. Legendary effort a what a ride to conquer. Ive so enjoyed your progress along the way.
    I was mighty worried to hear problems with the aux tank and my mind has worked overtime with what ifs to ensure mine has no probs.
    Im sure we will all see a great ride report after you have partaken in a well earned rest stop.
    Again gr8 work lovin it. Cheers to Ox!!!! Hip hip horah!

19. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

Congratulations Peter on a wonderful ride. It was great watching it transpire and track your progress.
    Just an awesome ride!

20. jeffrey gebler

jeffrey gebler Well-Known Member

Not much else to say that hasn't already been said. Congratulations on an epic ride.