Solstice/Equinox SharkNose

If a person completes a SharkNose 1000 on a Summer Solstice does the next three season rides have to be on a SharkNose 1000 to be awarded? Ex. Can you do a SharkNose 1000 summer Solstice and then a Saddlesore 1000 Fall Equinox followed by the winter and spring rides on a Saddlesore 1000.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
No, you don't have to be on a Sharknose for the other rides. You claim the individual season rides as what ever you want, then when you do the last one you can put in for the 4 seasons award. "Ride any certificable ride on each of the two solstices and two equinoxes"

This is where I get confused it says Ride any certifiably ride but the following states "same type"

Rules for the Four Seasons Award:

You must earn the same type of certified ride for each of the four astronomical events. The four rides need not occur on consecutive astronomical events, and your qualifying rides may span more than one year.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yes, same type. I.E. SS1K, BB, BBG, etc. They would like you to do all SS1Ks of any version or all BB1500s of any version, etc.

From HERE "You must earn the same type of certified ride for each of the four astronomical events. The four rides need not occur on consecutive astronomical events, and your qualifying rides may span more than one year."

From the Sharknose 1000 "The Sharknose 1000 is a SaddleSore 1000 motorcycle ride on a Harley-Davidson Road Glide." This ride is just another version of a SS1K. It just gets a cool cert. Still just another SS1K ride. So if you want to include your Sharknose 1000 in your four season ride submission, you need three other SS1K rides for the other equinox/solstice rides.

CB650F

Premier Member
I was going to say the same thing Eric said, but there's no need now. I see he is more of a morning person than me. Instead, I'll just say congratulations on the ride.