SS1000 verification wait

Hey guys! Really want to be a part of this, but it sure is taking a while to get certified. I completed my ride in September, and submitted in December (auto-reply dated 12/22/20).

Should it be taking this long? I have a US50cc into a 50cc trip planned for mid-May and your rules say you won't even consider me for those without an SS1000 in the books.

Any info would sure be appreciated!!!

CB650F

Premier Member
Well, I have good news for you. There are lots of threads from people asking about certs just like you are. What normally happens, is that a few days after asking about it, they get an email from the verification team. Hopefully, that happens to you too. 12 weeks is probably the typical time frame for verification, but it does vary. The IBA isn't a corporation with a penthouse in LA. The verification teams are made entirely of volunteers. Kids get sick, workloads change, they like to ride too, etc. Sometimes verifications are very quick, sometimes they take longer. There's just too many factors involved to be able to have consistent wait times unfortunately. At this point, it's just a matter of patience. Like Tom said, the waiting is the hardest part!

You've done the ride, and I'm sure you were careful about your paperwork so it will get verified. Even if there is some issue and it doesn't get verified, you're going to do it again so you are bound to get one verified. As far as I'm concerned, that makes you a part of the group. Welcome to the club.

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I have a US50cc into a 50cc trip planned for mid-May and your rules say you won't even consider me for those without an SS1000 in the books.
A little good news ... The base level 50CC ride has no prerequisites. It is the 50CC GOLD that requires prior completion of at least a 50cc or SaddleSore 2000. See the ride description.
. . . Dave