Swan Hill Vic 1

Good afternoon fellow IBA riders and others.
The Southern Cross Distance Riders are holding a ride to Swan Hill on the 23rd September 23 and would like to invite anyone interested. It is our first venture East with more to come so keep a look out. If you would like to join us please go to our website at scdr.au and all of the details and registration are on our rides or the forum as well. This is not an IBA ride but you are welcome if you are doing one and going past.
Safe riding
Wombat WA
( very rare )
Federal-Hotel-Swan-Hil2l-1024x463.jpg

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi Wombat.

23rd September is the same day as IBA Australia Memorial Service at Netallie Hills via Wilcannia NSW, A regular event held on this weekend each year as part of the Memorial Rides Program which culminates with an annual reflections service at the IBA Australia memorial site.
You can find this sort of IBA events information in the "Up Coming Events" Page in this site.

Lonerider

Premier Member
Unfortunately I did not realise this until now. This date was eventually selected on the basis of "you can't please everyone all the time" as it was actually the third date I had tried to organise.

However, watch this space for RTE's in the East in the future. Plenty more to come.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi Lonerider Yes unfortunate for sure. Two hits on our two significate dates within a few weeks.
I'm hoping these corner stone dates for IBA activities ( which land in the same weekend each year) are made into "sticky's at the top of every page in this forum so our members
and visitors can see them easier and maybe pick up on the dates and share them in revers with their other forums if you follow that tangle of words.

I do hope to attend one of the Southern Cross Distance Riders events at some time in the future.
Cheers

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Well no not just one ...but if IBA has an IBA Australia GTR on some place or one of those two cornerstone dates I mentioned then maybe some of your/our guys will find time to attend both as best they can.
Lonerider Ill take some more time over the next few days to read more of the SCDR site. Many of the names I recognise from here and every other forum too so we are no strangers really.

Lonerider

Premier Member
Yes we had noticed the commonality between our memberships.
I might try and organise a ride or two as you suggested, as if one of us comes over for one ride, why not 2 ? and also combine an SCDR RTE with an IBA cornerstone on following weekends.
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Last edited: