Tablets

R

Roy Kjendal

I could have sworn that I had seen a topic either here or on the LD List on this topic but can't find it anywhere so here goes.... I am thinking of adding a tablet to the bike for rallying. I see this as a way to better keep track of my route, keep optional Boni visible off the route and keep my ride data (time, mileage etc at bonus location) off paper. What are folks (those who are ) using for a tablet, what do you use to keep it dry, what do you use it for.....and anything else you want to offer up..... Thanks in advance for any inputs

Roy

R

Roy Kjendal

jeeeez, how could I have missed that... but looking at it, it really does not cover the topics...Think I'll leave it here and hope for some responses

tdragger

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I use an iPad Mini in a LifeProof waterproof case on my Triumph Trophy. While the Garmin up front is the primary nav tool while underway, I use CoPilot on the iPad to provide a wider view for situational awareness like how far am I across this state or similar. It is also useful to quickly switch over to WeatherBug or Storm to get a large picture of upcoming weather. I also keep my ride plan open so that I can quickly switch to it to check times, distances, etc.

Below is a view of how it is mounted. My only complaint is having to wear fingerless gloves to operate it.

upload_2016-10-26_13-28-35.png

tdragger

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
to the best of my knowledge, Basecamp is not available for iOS. I do use the Mac version at home.

I have also used Basecamp on a MS Surface Pro 3 and it worked well. However, it is a work computer so I don't carry it on the bike.