The Eddie James XS 400 Memorial Little Bike Class

rickcorwn

We’ve added a class to the North Star Rally June 7-9. Announcing The Eddie James XS 400 Memorial Little Bike Class

In the 2005 Minnesota 1000 Eddie James, our founder, technical and spiritual leader, rode a Yamaha XS 400 Special to a rather distant 28th place in the Expert class. You won’t have to compete with the big bike you’ll have your own class. Eddie often proclaimed the little XS was one of the world best bikes and to prove it he entered the MN1K with his.

There has always been those slightly twisted individuals, I’m looking at you, who take on challenges on inappropriate motorcycles. Today's modern motorcycles will knock out thousands of miles without breaking a sweat. So the challenge will be to enter the North Star Rally on a bike 400cc or smaller. This is the perfect year to do this little bike class, all bonus locations are in Minnesota and there are 47 bonuses within 180 miles of the start. Can you say hoover?? If I can get 5 entries on little bikes I'll make it a class and award a very special trophy. So if you’re one of THOSE people go to Ride Master and sign up https://rides.jasonjonas.com/regRequest.php?id=928 For more info on the North Star Rally see TeamStrange https://www.teamstrange.com/

Rick,

This class sounds interesting. still trying to decide whether to enter with my Honda Reflex 250 or go with the regular class on my GL1200A.

-Mark

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Rick,

This class sounds interesting. still trying to decide whether to enter with my Honda Reflex 250 or go with the regular class on my GL1200A.

-Mark
Do it with the Reflex. You won't come in last and imagine the fun. I will slightly feel sorry for the riders on larger bikes that place lower than you on the scooter. It's not the bike, it's the rider! Bonus, you'll have a chance at a Scooter SS1K cert, if you don't already have one. :p

Do it with the Reflex. You won't come in last and imagine the fun. I will slightly feel sorry for the riders on larger bikes that place lower than you on the scooter. It's not the bike, it's the rider! Bonus, you'll have a chance at a Scooter SS1K cert, if you don't already have one. :p
Thanks for the encouragement Eric. Doing a SSiK Gold was the primary motivation for purchasing the reflex. Given the standard rest bonus for MN 1000s, I'll have 19 1/2 hours to do the 1000. 51.3 avg mph well within the capabilities of the scoot.

-Mark