Two bikes riding together - acceptable?

Amnon Romano

Premier Member
I know that in the IBR two bikes are allowed together - if declared in advance.
Me and a buddy intend to do this as a group ride of two.
Will this be acceptable in the EuroTour as well?
And under which rules/restrictions?

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yes it is acceptable. But if you ride together as a team you must both be finishers to gain a finish. The same as the Iron Butt Rally.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I'm not sure if this rally will implement the full IBR rules regarding teams, but just FYI, here is the salient section from the IBR Rules.

Ira
---------------------------------------------------
. . .entrants who ride together may plan their routes together provided they inform the rallymaster in advance that they are riding as a team for one or more legs of the rally and they actually ride together to each bonus location. If any rider involved in a team effort fails to reach the same bonus locations as other riders involved in the team effort, then each rider in the team shall incur a 50% reduction in points for each leg in question. Upon notification of the rallymaster, a team may be dissolved at completion of a leg before the bonus listings are distributed for a subsequent leg.

c. Riders who do not initially plan their routes together may form a team at any point during a leg, share routing plans, and ride together from that point forward. (Using a sequence of planned bonuses provided by another rider without the intention of riding together will be considered a violation of subsection II.A.5.a. and will subject the rider to disqualification.) Any riderswho share routing plans for more than the next bonus location at some point during a leg automatically become a team and must inform the rallymaster of the point at which such information was shared as soon as they reach the next checkpoint. Any riders reaching the same bonus locations at approximately the same time during a 24-hour period will be presumed to be team members unless the rallymaster or the president determines otherwise.

Amnon Romano

Premier Member
I'm not sure if this rally will implement the full IBR rules regarding teams, but just FYI, here is the salient section from the IBR Rules.

Ira
---------------------------------------------------
. . .entrants who ride together ... determines otherwise.
Thank you Ira