2017 IBA Australia Memorial Rides

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi all,
the time is fast approaching for the Annual Memorial Rides.

At this stage we have good numbers
Total riders registered / unregistered: 23 / 3-4
Riding in their own area: 3-4
Attending Wilmington/Ceremony: 20 (approx)
Staying at the Pub or nearby: 18 (approx)

I don't know exact numbers for the event as not everybody is on the forum or indicated what they are doing.
Best just turn up and enjoy the weekend!

Thanks all :)
Well done Nico!

I'm looking forward to it!

Fatman

Well attempt number 1 has ended in failure. I tried to ride with an injury in my hand I picked up in the US - a couple of dislocated bones and soft tissue damage in my right hand. That didn't work out so well.

I will try a stock standard memorial 1600 on Friday, will see how that goes.

Sorry to hear of your injury Russell and having to pull out of your ride, at least you gave the ride a good go..

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sorry to hear about you having to pull out of your planned long ride. I hope that hand heals up enough to finish the ride on Friday.

My planned ride with a departure last Sunday has been put on hold due to coming down with the flu on the weekend. Hoping to be well enough to hit the road in the next day or two.

Tele

Premier Member
The man flu bug is certainly getting around. I've been crook since Sunday. Working Friday to Monday this weekend, so I won't be hitting the road until next week.

Rusjel

Premier Member
Thanks guys and sorry to hear of your delayed run Jeff and Tele, link us in when you do go.

Well organised rides, great distance bikes and experience give us an illusion of control, but nature, the road or our own health have the last word.

Yesterday started off at 3am. The weather fine and cool. Decided not to use the heated clothing. The goal was an SS2000, which Scarp and I achieved at 1.30 Sunday morning.
From Huntingdale to Bunbury. Through the farm land to Wagin. The fog was thick in some places reducing vis to 5 to 6 metres. Rethinking about the heated hands and feet at this stage.
As the sun was rising over the hills near Wagin it was an awesome sight. As the sun was obscured by cloud it was dark, then as you moved, the sun penetrated a clear shy, blinding us.
Onward to Albany, then eastward. Ravensthorpe and Esperence were calling. The temp during the day was 24. It didn't start cooling off until just after dark, near 6pm.
Kalgoorlie was where the jacket liners went back in, only to change to winter gloves 4 hours later in Southern Cross.
Straight along Great Eastern Hiway to Perth.
A good days outing.

Scarp

Premier Member
Yesterday started off at 3am. The weather fine and cool. Decided not to use the heated clothing. The goal was an SS2000, which Scarp and I achieved at 1.30 Sunday morning.
From Huntingdale to Bunbury. Through the farm land to Wagin. The fog was thick in some places reducing vis to 5 to 6 metres. Rethinking about the heated hands and feet at this stage.
As the sun was rising over the hills near Wagin it was an awesome sight. As the sun was obscured by cloud it was dark, then as you moved, the sun penetrated a clear shy, blinding us.
Onward to Albany, then eastward. Ravensthorpe and Esperence were calling. The temp during the day was 24. It didn't start cooling off until just after dark, near 6pm.
Kalgoorlie was where the jacket liners went back in, only to change to winter gloves 4 hours later in Southern Cross.
Straight along Great Eastern Hiway to Perth.
A good days outing.
Yes Malcolm was a great day out indeed, thanks for keeping me company

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It was great to again be a part of this years memorial ride. Thanks Nico for organizing it again but it will be nice to have you hopefully there next year. Russel thanks again for your words at the sight, very inspirational.

It was good to once again catch up with all the riders that participated in this years event.

I arrived home late on Sunday afternoon after a day of some fun off road riding.

A little over 4100 km for the weekend with a SS3000 that finished on Friday