A place to discuss your upcoming rides

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Pondering a start location.
CtoC east to west. I'm digging about and I once read the max north start location for this ride and the max south start location for this ride with a finish at Scarborough Beach WA.
Am I correct in thinking Wollongong was the south most limit to start this ride?

Fatman

CtoC east to west. I'm digging about and I once read the max north start location for this ride and the max south start location for this ride with a finish at Scarborough Beach WA.
Am I correct in thinking Wollongong was the south most limit to start this ride?

Gatey, I read the current rules as anywhere between Sydney and Brisbane.
https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/ausc2c/

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Gatey I have turned around at Scarborough, Cottesloe and Fremantle.

All of my 50CC/100CCC rides have started at Newcastle as it is convenient for me. Once I just pushed my bike to the beach for the sand sample so I didn't wake the neighbours.

Anyway, if you want a room for the night at the start and finish and someone to ride along with you 8000km just let me know.

cjmckay

Premier Member
Nothing in the rules, albeit some technicalities which I don't want to open the 'can of worms' on.... I have read discussions however regarding northernmost/southernmost start points somewhere on the forum.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
I think I'll just bracket this ride idea into a time window and leave C2C constraints out of the equation.
Think a beach to beach instead. A concept ride like the big chook or similar.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
From the rules posted by Fatman above:

"Australia 50cc GOLD (Sydney/Brisbane, New South Wales to Perth (Fremantle), Western Australia in under 50 hours) – Start/finish point on the coast anywhere between Sydney and Brisbane - Freemantle, Perth."

cjmckay

Premier Member
From the rules posted by Fatman above:

"Australia 50cc GOLD (Sydney/Brisbane, New South Wales to Perth (Fremantle), Western Australia in under 50 hours) – Start/finish point on the coast anywhere between Sydney and Brisbane - Freemantle, Perth."
100% agree but interpretation then appears to come into it (with precedence)..

e.g. Both Coogee, NSW and Coogee,WA are technically more south that both Sydney, NSW and Freemantle, WA (with Freo being South of 'Perth') - yet both have been used and approved, yet Maroubra and Cronulla both would appear to be 'crossing the line'. As for 'Brisbane' - one might assume all the beaches on the Redcliffe peninsula are out of the question (being too far north) but Sandgate is on the 'right side of the line' (although it is technical north of Brisbane).

Oh the tangled web we weave...

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Agreed Fatman and others, the rules are clear to see which I'm happy with too.
Wow this topic has sort of gone a fair bit sideways I think.
My proposed ride won't be a c2c if I get to it.
It's just a start at one beach and a finish at a beach with the same name in a different state and I think it can be done in under 50 hours.
It's not dissimilar to just going and doing any other distance ride.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Scarborough Beach NSW and Scarborough Beach WA same same.
Gatey I'd suggest Scarborough is too far south. No need to push that line.

What about Iluka near Grafton to Iluka near Perth;
Ocean Beach Hotel at Ettalong (Central Coast, NSW) to Ocean Beach Hotel Cottesloe;
Albion Pub around the corner from me in Newcastle to the Albion Pub in Cottesloe that my great grandfather once owned;
Mosman Park , Mosman NSW to Mosman Park WA.

Does anyone have a Spotwalla user guide? I have a Gen 4 Spot and a Spotwalla account but have no idea how to make them work for the purpose of a ride certification. I'm planning another Saddle Sore next Saturday (Dec 2nd) but I really want to use the Spotwalla to get it fast tracked. I've been clicking on things, Making XML Feeds, Tracks and Trips and shared ride links but I can't get anything to show up on a map like I think I would need to get the ride certified. Any help or advice would be appreciated

cjmckay

Premier Member
Does anyone have a Spotwalla user guide? I have a Gen 4 Spot and a Spotwalla account but have no idea how to make them work for the purpose of a ride certification. I'm planning another Saddle Sore next Saturday (Dec 2nd) but I really want to use the Spotwalla to get it fast tracked. I've been clicking on things, Making XML Feeds, Tracks and Trips and shared ride links but I can't get anything to show up on a map like I think I would need to get the ride certified. Any help or advice would be appreciated
THIS also has some good info. My advice, get the SPOT working in the Findmespot environment first - then get the Spotwalla bit sorted out (otherwise you won't know where to look to solve the issue). Happy to jump on a virtual call at some stage to see if we can walk you through it. (I thought there was a screen by screen walkthrough somewhere as well... - Yep, it is HERE)