Armistice 1000

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Knowing that our verifier was away on holiday 'til the middle of the month and would be inundated on his return I helped out by falling off my bike in Belgium thus rendering me unfit to ride in November.

Sean

Premier Member
Knowing that our verifier was away on holiday 'til the middle of the month and would be inundated on his return I helped out by falling off my bike in Belgium thus rendering me unfit to ride in November.
Bob your consideration knows no bounds, what a thoroughly selfless person you are. LOL

Hello folks I also completed my ride last month but have been rather consumed with my job to find time to post anything or send off the evidence for verification.

1102 odo miles on my 2013 FJR. I completed a suitably adjusted version of the MCN 250 four times.

I had to adjust the route to remove B roads and make it less intricate so as to make it achievable in the time and to avoid Martin calling me many unpleasant names when he is presented with the task of verification!

So motorways and A roads starting at my local BMW dealer at North Oxford (I know I was on the Yamaha) up past Bedford via the Super Sausage Cafe back towards Northampton and a big loop down to Gloucestershire and back into Oxfordshire.

26 receipts for route proving stops which took time but verification should be assisted by using the same locations 4 times.

23 hours 30 minutes about 11am to 11am give or take and stopped off at my home memorial for a photo and paying respects.

I hope to put a full report on with some pics when I get it verified.

Sean

Premier Member
I know it was about a week before I heard back from him when I eventually got round to submitting mine if that helps. I guess he’s been a little busy, there were a fair few done

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
The scores on the doors...

So far, I have received submissions for 57 rides. There are three I have yet to look at; three have been rejected for routes that came up short; and there are four where I'm waiting for updated/additional documentation. So that's 47 rides approved. I know there are at least another four or five that haven't been submitted yet, so there will have been over 60 submitted, and almost certainly over 50 verified/approved.

That compares with 90 rides submitted from the beginning of the year to the end of October - so it's been a busy few weeks! Thankfully, I don't get involved in the RBLR - just as well, since there were over 100 of those on a single day!

If there's anyone who sent in details more than a week ago, and hasn't heard from me, please get in touch.

Regards,
Martin

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
A Christmas update:

I have now looked at everything I've been sent - so if you've sent a ride to me and haven't heard, then either it didn't reach me or (more plausibly) I've overlooked it. Please do get in touch again.

Fifty nine rides submitted: I've requested further details on three, a further three had to be turned down due to mileage issues, and 53 have been approved. A fine effort by everyone concerned; I know there's at least another three to be submitted, so we should hit at least 55 verified rides.

Regards,
Martin

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
There is no cut off date for sending your paperwork in.
However it would be nice if it's sooner rather than later so I finalise the amount to donate to the Royal British Legion riders fund.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Today I'm sending a cheque for £850 to the Royal British Legion Riders treasurer.
Well done everyone who took part.
Special thanks go to John for coming up with the idea and Martin for completing all the verifications.
If you haven't yet sent your paperwork in , it's not too late. There is no closing date for verification as long as the ride was completed in November 2018

Ian M

i had thought about a D Day run similar idea 1000 or 1500 miles to celebrate or commemorate 75th anniversary of DDay
Any day in June or on the D Day itself but it is close to the RBLR run

but then, there's no reason not to do both or combine both on the same day in June

just a thought ?????

unless someone has already thought about it

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
i had thought about a D Day run similar idea 1000 or 1500 miles to celebrate or commemorate 75th anniversary of DDay
Any day in June or on the D Day itself but it is close to the RBLR run

but then, there's no reason not to do both or combine both on the same day in June

just a thought ?????

unless someone has already thought about it
Ian
We decided to go for the Dambusters run this year.