I feel the Need, the Need for - ACT Insanity v2.0!

Ed.

Premier Member
Ah, I did wonder where you had been when I gave you a big wave as you came onto Yamba drive! (Not sure if you recognised the ute or not) - the rocket is looking good!

I think that test camera is one of the mobile phone ones, but not 100% sure. It was up on the Barton hwy a week or two ago.

ACTCapo

For those amenable to using technology, the BP just off the Barton Hwy in Nicholls and the one near the roundabout on the Federal Hwy at Watson both have BPMe enabled for paying for fuel. The Ampol at Nicholls also accepts the Ampol fuel pay app. I’m pretty sure the one at Hume doesn’t.

What are people’s refuelling strategies going to be? I just plan to keep lapping until my fuel light comes on (hopefully somewhere north of 300-320km each time), then pull into the next station out of the 3 above where I can pay on my phone.

Philmor

Premier Member
Shane, that sounds good..... but here in Vic, I have previously had to go inside to pay for my BP fuel after refilling my bike.
I was firmly told that BP's T's & C's prohibit it. Hence, now I don't even bother trying to use it.

Here is the link to the current BPme & BP Rewards T's & C's as of 1 Feb 2022
https://bprewards.com.au/terms-and-conditions
which says
3.3.7 When can’t I pay for fuel through Pay with BPme?
You cannot use Pay with BPme:
(a) for liquid petroleum gas or Adblue purchases;
(b) if you are refuelling a motorbike;
(c) if you are refuelling a convertible car with the roof down;
.... etc., etc. .....

Maybe the above rules are only applied in the "Nanny State of the People's Republic of Victoria"
Different rules for different places - haven't we seen that over this past 2 years.

Ampol does not appear to have the same restriction.

Last edited:

ACTCapo

Shane, that sounds good..... but here in Vic, I have previously had to go inside to pay for my BP fuel after refilling my bike.
I was firmly told that BP's T's & C's prohibit it. Hence, now I don't even bother trying to use it.

Here is the link to the current BPme & BP Rewards T's & C's as of 1 Feb 2022
https://bprewards.com.au/terms-and-conditions
which says
3.3.7 When can’t I pay for fuel through Pay with BPme?
You cannot use Pay with BPme:
(a) for liquid petroleum gas or Adblue purchases;
(b) if you are refuelling a motorbike;
(c) if you are refuelling a convertible car with the roof down;
.... etc., etc. .....

Maybe the above rules are only applied in the "Nanny State of the People's Republic of Victoria"
Different rules for different places - haven't we seen that over this past 2 years.

Ampol does not appear to have the same restriction.
I’ve filled up at BP using the app numerous times in the ACT and NSW.

You can stretch every hour when you pull in each lap if you need to.
True. But I'll refuel every 3 laps. The best mileage I've ever gotten out of the Rocket is 7L per 100kms on the open road and it has a 24 litre tank. I'd possibly get 4 laps out of a tank but it'd be close. On that mileage, I might get 342kms on a full tank if I run it to empty. 4 laps is 332kms. Given this ride has a lot of traffic lights and city riding, I'd rather not push my luck.