I feel the Need, the Need for - ACT Insanity v2.0!

Murphyau

First thing this morning, after making a strong brew of coffee, I checked the progress of this ride. One of the SpotWalla tracks caught my attention as the rider seemed to be taking a most unusual route and the Spotwalla track was all over the place.

In fact, it appeared that at times he was riding the wrong way against the traffic on a seperated, multi-lane highway. Never a good idea.

Then the penny dropped. He is running 2 separate tracking devices ( Spot + SWTracker ) and both devices are "pinging" at slightly different times.

Spotwalla seems to be combining there 2 sets of "pings" into a single track. ( click on image to enlarge )

One.png Two.png Four.png Five.png Six.png

The weather forecast is partly cloudy during the day with a slight (30%) chance of a shower, most likely during the morning and afternoon.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
First thing this morning, after making a strong brew of coffee, I checked the progress of this ride. One of the SpotWalla tracks caught my attention as the rider seemed to be taking a most unusual route and the Spotwalla track was all over the place.

In fact, it appeared that at times he was riding the wrong way against the traffic on a seperated, multi-lane highway. Never a good idea.

Then the penny dropped. He is running 2 separate tracking devices ( Spot + SWTracker ) and both devices are "pinging" at slightly different times.

Spotwalla seems to be combining there 2 sets of "pings" into a single track. ( click on image to enlarge )

View attachment 8174 View attachment 8175 View attachment 8176 View attachment 8177 View attachment 8178

The weather forecast is partly cloudy during the day with a slight (30%) chance of a shower, most likely during the morning and afternoon.
Yep, I run my SWConnect and Findme Spot through a combined track on Spotwalla.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Great to see everyone at the ride and to those that could make breakfast on Sunday. For those who had to retire, we could always run another?

Olaf, thank you for organising this ride, this ride was a perfect prep ride for IBR23 and reminded me I still have a lot of prep to do.

And, huge thanks to the support crew who made the ride so much easier on the day!

Tele

Premier Member
I love the Spot tracks from this event. They remind me of the "string art" patterns we used to do at school. Pins/nails in timber and then wind different colour threads around them. Well done everyone, both riders and assistants!

I drove to and from Helensburgh NSW on Saturday, and during the overall 12 hours (home-Helensburgh-home) we had some periods of torrential rain. I hope you all escaped relatively dry

Skidoo

Premier Member
Thanks Olaf, the weekend was seamless Mate And what an awsome turn up.

The helpers made checkins smooth and seeing a smiling face was welcoming especially when it was only 13c when we started. The lighting and creature comforts made it a professional jig, think Phil was responsible for that And thanks heaps.

The pizzas, they were the best I’ve ever eaten even though I turned up late. Bloody delicious!

Looking forward to the next one.

That was a nice few days away on the bike and the Insanity ride was the icing on that cake. Thanks Olly for putting it together and thanks for the guys who welcomed us in every lap and then threw us back into the traffic. without you all in the carpark the stops would have been chaotic.. My personal thanks to Phil and Kate, you guys took a load off for me every stop.

The weather gods smiled on us on the day then intermittently dumped huge amounts on me on the way back to QLD, didnt matter, I was still enjoying myself. See you all again when another good idea appears.

td

Biggles

Premier Member
https://new.spotwalla.com/trip/c8db-33e1a0-4c49/view?homeActive=1&showAll=1

I was knackered by the time I got home at 10:20 QLD time and barely had the energy to post to the FB page. So much for Martin's "That will be about 9 hours!" My 14 hours shows how much ahead of me he is at this Ironbutt game, but then, he's qualified for the IBR and I'll be a spectator! ;)
As others have said, it was great to roll into the pits on every lap to be met by a highly efficient recorder. Fatman was often on hand checking on my condition and offering words of encouragement and updates on the Police patrols. Lyn was usually there with a cheerful word and taking a photo to prove it really did happen. Kimmie was her legendary self, travelling down from Sydney and staying all day. The pizzas were very welcome- when you're hungry and don't have the luxury of a chair, plate and cutlery, pizza is the perfect pick-me-up.
By lap 5 I had found the Maccas and was very happy to treat myself to my "road meal" of a McMuffin and coffee. On about the 7th lap I hit a diesel spill at the Kuringa Drive stop signed T intersection and felt very insecure for a few seconds. I know Martin noticed it, but said he wasn't fazed by it. On my 18th lap I had a brain fart and didn't refuel which entailed a 1.7 km loop back to the servo for fuel.
Anyway, I'll pull those memories and a few more together to make a Ride Report that others can identify with (or laugh at :)).

Murphyau

Initially it was ACTCapo's track that caught my attention then on closer examination, after I had made my initial comments, I realized that Martin Little was doing the same thing. So, it was both of you.

Now, this "feature" was not an issue in this particular event, but it seems to me that running dual devices on a regular IBA event (SS1600, etc) could cause some confusion with the review team.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
https://new.spotwalla.com/trip/c8db-33e1a0-4c49/view?homeActive=1&showAll=1

I was knackered by the time I got home at 10:20 QLD time and barely had the energy to post to the FB page. So much for Martin's "That will be about 9 hours!" My 14 hours shows how much ahead of me he is at this Ironbutt game, but then, he's qualified for the IBR and I'll be a spectator! ;)
As others have said, it was great to roll into the pits on every lap to be met by a highly efficient recorder. Fatman was often on hand checking on my condition and offering words of encouragement and updates on the Police patrols. Lyn was usually there with a cheerful word and taking a photo to prove it really did happen. Kimmie was her legendary self, travelling down from Sydney and staying all day. The pizzas were very welcome- when you're hungry and don't have the luxury of a chair, plate and cutlery, pizza is the perfect pick-me-up.
By lap 5 I had found the Maccas and was very happy to treat myself to my "road meal" of a McMuffin and coffee. On about the 7th lap I hit a diesel spill at the Kuringa Drive stop signed T intersection and felt very insecure for a few seconds. I know Martin noticed it, but said he wasn't fazed by it. On my 18th lap I had a brain fart and didn't refuel which entailed a 1.7 km loop back to the servo for fuel.
Anyway, I'll pull those memories and a few more together to make a Ride Report that others can identify with (or laugh at :)).
Biggles, I was a "little" optimistic with my travel time estimate to Brisbane! But good to see we share similar road meal strategies. Macca's coffee and a McMuffin is my go to meal....from the Drive Through of course ;)