laminated bike gear

Sportsterpaul

Yep, I’m a huge fan of GORE as it was the very best for my hunting and fishing needs where I also learned the bigger money spent on top grade materials were cheaper in the long run.
My AD1’s spoiled me running cross country as I never had to struggle putting rain pants on at roadside, ugh. With a good quality raincoat along with a pair of “Stich” three digit hand covers, in to top of my tank bag , I could slip the coat on quickly and the hand covers if warranted. The hand covers were very easy to pull on while riding but not recommended.

hi all
first off got a full refund back from klim its took nearly 12 months and they could not replace the pants.
moving in i'm still looking for a set of laminate pants these will be for summer use because they breathe better than anything else.
  1. leather shower proof only don't breathe to well
  2. drop liner wets out doesn't breathe despite what is said about the breathable liner the breathing is at best minimal
  3. laminate ? should breathe as vents go through to the skin looking now, do you buy cheap or expensive most of the time you get what you pay for so cheap tends to be just that with limited life.
  4. my current option nylon over trousers over leather or drop liner pants cheap and work just fine
as for belstaff they seem more fashion these days hence the ridiculous prices had an original set of belstaff wax cotton trousers the wife had the jacket they were just great for the time, waterproof for absolutely ages and tough, but things have now moved on.
hideout are a british company and their kit looks good but prices ouch!! makes the klim pants look cheap

so i've watched the moto legends videos surprised a dealer that actually knows stuff good variety of choice as well considering a ride down to their shop, just to try on for fit and comfort maybe the halvarssons stuff used their gear before well made well priced could be the answer.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Dave, a trip to Motolegends is probably a good move. They even have a motorcycle in the showroom you can sit on to get a feel of the Jackets and Pants, Small shop but huge warehouse. Very good customer service.

They also do 10 % off the best price you could have got for the same product elsewhere.
Valid for 14 days after you purchase goods. I saved over £100 on the price I could have bought my last suit elsewhere.

Motolegends.JPG

Last edited:

Quill4

Brit Butt Rallymaster
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
I have a Stadler, got it 18 months ago. I bought it because the reviews indicated that it would be the best choice for staying cool in hot weather. It has venting front and rear, armour in all the right places, and is very comfortable for all-day wear. I went into MotoLegends to buy a Halvarssens suit and came out with the Stadler. Yes, it is expensive, but I convinced myself that I was worth it and so far I have not been disappointed. The vents work well in the summer and it has kept me dry in the wet. Would I recommend it? Yes, the caveat is the cost.

Capt Sisko

Slightly late to the party, but having ridden through Rannoch Moor and Glen Coe on this years RBLR ride I've no qualms in recommending a Richa Atlantic suit. Those that rode through it will know exactly why!

~Martin~

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
I just picked up my new 'Aerostich whilst on holiday. I am not a fan of hi viz yellow as I prefer to rely on my skills and ob's but for some reason I could not resist going for the International Orange on the impact areas.

Riding in a onesie is incredibly comfortable but not a good look! Just waiting for the next monsoon to give it a real test.

Last edited:

Ian M

I just picked up my new 'Aerostich whilst on holiday. I am not a fan of hi viz yellow as I prefer to rely on my skills and ob's but for some reason I could not resist going for the International Orange on the impact areas.

Riding in a onesie is incredibly comfortable but not a good look! Just waiting for the next monsoon to give it a real test.
this post needs pictures :)

Ian M

i did look at one but as there is no uk suppliers that i know of, it meant sending off measurements and i wasn't too sure in the end

what armour dodes it come with or do you use a separate item, or does it have pockets and you use your own, does it have a hole for heated clothing wires?

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I bought my third suit from Aerostich last year and the first one that is actually waterproof...they worked out how to use seem sealing tape, Its great !.
I bought the R3 not the Roadcrafter, they were my first 2 purchases.
Its lighter and performs better with summer heat . In summer I use a pair of shorts and tee shirt underneath.
As you use layers underneath according to the weather winter is easily taken care of with an Electric vest and a couple of thin microfibre tops to trap the heat in, so when you order keep this in mind (you will need room).
They are fantastic for the commute because you can put them over work gear ( even a shirt and tie ) and they are put on and taken off so easily.
They do take a while to wear in as the material is quite stiff and yes you do get some weird looks from the public, but then I do anyway being 6" 3 and 19 stone.
You buy some extra armour for the hips and chest if you want it and it does have a hole for the heated wiring
Buying one is a similar price to most top end suits and the measuring for one is very simple.
Get the R3 you wont regret it In my experience..

Last edited:

~Martin~

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
i did look at one but as there is no uk suppliers that i know of, it meant sending off measurements and i wasn't too sure in the end

what armour dodes it come with or do you use a separate item, or does it have pockets and you use your own, does it have a hole for heated clothing wires?
It does come with shoulder elbow and knee armour you can pay extra for back and hip armour which I did. There is a pass through port for heated gear but it’s fiddly so in winter I will keep a wire in situ.

I sent them my measurements and they recommended a size, they were spot on. Thought I would have trouble with the zip but it’s not that difficult and getting easier. The suit has transformed my commute and the initial stiffness is already getting better.

after extensive research debating and looking locally for a of pair of laminated pants that either fit or work for me i've bit the bullet again. just nothing close to me locally every shop had an odd couple of garments in one or two brands not always my size. so yesterday i went to motolegends got a free cup of coffee and biscuit while i waited. then after explaining my requirements and size i went through every brand and in my size there was something wrong in the fit design etc of just about everything i tried. why have clothing designers not got the basics of what is needed perhaps its because most is only used for an hour or two at a go. in the end i ended up with some Halversson's sunne pants in grey the rest of the halvarssons range is to tight on the legs. this was a s close as i am likely to get but grey is not the colour for me got a pair of grey halvarrsons and they always look dirty despite being washed. don't want them in grey and they don't do a short leg in black? great, so reluctantly i tried the steadler pants which are too expensive and i'd no intention of buying them but to please the assistant i put them on. yes they fit and there comfy and i'm struggling to fault them. (that had been surprisingly easy with the other stuff). So i bought a pair of steadlers, must have been a bit of the heat getting to me, something in the coffee or ive gone completely mad. 29 degrees on the M25 yesterday the vents seem to work and it poured down going past Preston this morning and i stayed dry , and stayed comfy. still too expensive but??? 10 year warranty are they worth it probably not

Sportsterpaul

“are they worth it probably not”, I suspect that as the miles accumulate your feelings will change for the better. After spending the money on my first pair of AD1’s I couldn’t be more satisfied. I average 15-20,000 miles annually, in sun, rain , sleet and snow with temps ranging from -20F to the 140F range. I literally lived in them for nearly 5 years. A 60 m.p.h slide along the Interstate in Detroit inflicted heavy damage to them and repairs were not practical. I immediately ordered a second pair. Please note, I wash and retreat them at least once a year and treat seams with “Seals all”. Hoping to secure a “Roadcrafter coat” this year yet. Keep it safe!